Join for free
Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Re: Why do some members only post in one area?

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i'm sure we all know who the individuals are to whom you refer. I believe it is really quite easy to quickly spot a troll and, once identified, it is equally easy to avoid them.

Personally, whenever i see the names i recognise i simply scroll past on the grounds that there is no point in even reading what they have to say. Their words are predictable and repetitive.

When a new member appears, i read their comments with interest. Some are interesting people and, depending on the subject under discussion, i am happy to debate. Sadly, some are not worth even looking at.

It would be nice if every member of this forum could discuss matters productively, even if we disagree.

Just my opinion, of course.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:44 PM

I wish the Over 50's Chat section was split a little more than it is.

The Politics/Brexit threads shouldn't be in the same area which contains the General section. If those sub-forums were separate we could minimise the area so that we don't need to see the politics threads. We can't minimise the area because we wouldn't be able to see the General section and other threads such as the private sections.

I wonder if this is possible to sort out?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I wish the Over 50's Chat section was split a little more than it is.

The Politics/Brexit threads shouldn't be in the same area which contains the General section. If those sub-forums were separate we could minimise the area so that we don't need to see the politics threads. We can't minimise the area because we wouldn't be able to see the General section and other threads such as the private sections.

I wonder if this is possible to sort out?
Good idea Floydy, in fact, I would like the option to completely delete some threads as well as some posters.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:49 PM

Difficult splitting, banana splits are nice.

I would like a craft section.
But I doubt it will happen.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good idea Floydy, in fact, I would like the option to completely delete some threads as well as some posters.
Same here. Just wish we could minimise sub-forums instead of a complete section.

I couldn't imagine spending an afternoon in the pub with any of those bores in the Brexit threads. What a fun and jolly time that would be. Not.
Why do they repeat themselves constantly with so many different threads that are ultimately all the same??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same here. Just wish we could minimise sub-forums instead of a complete section.

I couldn't imagine spending an afternoon in the pub with any of those bores in the Brexit threads. What a fun and jolly time that would be. Not.
Why do they repeat themselves constantly??
I pop in there occasionally, then retreat but I would much rather be on the 'How big are your knickers' type threads, much more entertaining.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:52 PM

Let's start a poll to have the politics/Brexit threads banished to the dungeon next to the trashcan...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Let's start a poll to have the politics/Brexit threads banished to the dungeon next to the trashcan...: mini:
Would the result be final or could there be another poll in the future if anyone disagreed?

Just askin'
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Would the result be final or could there be another poll in the future if anyone disagreed?

Just askin'
erm..dunno..would that be democratic?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-03-2019, 04:59 PM

I pop in there occasionally, then retreat but I would much rather be on the 'How big are your knickers' type threads, much more entertaining.
Where is Carol Vorderman when you need her one asks?

Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top