Join for free
Page 162 of 190 « First < 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 12:24 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a relief Floydy. It could be worse.
Don't suggest it mate. You know what Bob's like
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It was very nice to have the company of my Son in Law, but My Daughter also attended and completed the full 16 miles....Here they both are flying the flag....

She does appear to be a chip off the old block though, climbing mountains with her Dad at ten years old.....

How lovely Foxy. Love the pic of your daughter aged 10. x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Don't suggest it mate. You know what Bob's like
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 12:28 PM

It's nice to see you two guys visiting Bob's Bits and takin' the P*$$. I don't know what I'd do without either of you on the forum....Floydy for keeping me running with his extraordinary workouts and making me feel guilty if my enthusiasm wanes, as it does from time to time.

And Longdogs who keeps my feet firmly on the ground with his excellent humour and understanding of the complex Fox........

I've decided to step away from running the country; or at least my opinion of it via the brexit threads....

Has anyone noticed how many brexit threads have sprung up lately with new members contributing to them but nowhere else on the forum? Is this some kind of takeover? ....Anyway, whatever! I've cancelled all my email notifications for anything brexity....

A friend visited first thing this morning to announce that his missus had passed away unexpectedly yesterday.. Mrs Fox had spent the greater part of her working life with her and was very upset...

It makes you realise that things you spend too much time on (like politics) that you have no control over is time wasted, hence my decision. So welcome in the new mischievous, nature loving, hard drinking (mainly tea) pain in the proverbial, irritating old bugger from Donny.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 01:32 PM

Yes, Mr Foxy I have noticed that I am sick to the teeth with all the Brexit stuff.
In the chemist today, I was told by the pharmacist that Europe is stockpiling medication! Now I had read that but thought it was just propaganda, it only hits home when you actually hear it from the horse's mouth.

Sorry about your sad news, we are going to support a friend this week at his Mothers' funeral.

So my lovely you post some fun stuff.
Oh, and keep on running, we know a song about that, don't we?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. Likewise buddy, you are a sound guy and I'll pop in here more often

I ditto what Sweetie says, the Brexit threads are mind-numbingly boring now. Time to minimise that area from now
EDIT: Can't minimise that thread because the General thread is in that sub-forum and that would disappear too. I'll just ignore the Brexit crap.

Please send my thoughts to your wife about her friend mate
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks for the kind words, Bob. Likewise buddy, you are a sound guy and I'll pop in here more often

I ditto what Sweetie says, the Brexit threads are mind-numbingly boring now. Time to minimise that area from now
EDIT: Can't minimise that thread because the General thread is in that sub-forum and that would disappear too. I'll just ignore the Brexit crap.

Please send my thoughts to your wife about her friend mate :-(
Thanks for you good wishes Floydy, I'll pass them on to Mrs fox...
And thanks for the PM, but I was unable to reply, think you've turned them off....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-03-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for you good wishes Floydy, I'll pass them on to Mrs fox...
And thanks for the PM, but I was unable to reply, think you've turned them off....
Have I? I wonder what happened there I'll get it sorted mate. Sorry 'bout that
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2019, 11:44 PM

How on earth did we manage without TV, Computers, mobile phones and 24 hour music. As a boy we had no telly just a valve radio on a shelf and the only station we could receive was the light programme by the BBC. Whatever did we think about....

Now we can walk around watching films or listening to music even while traveling or exercising.....Did we use our minds for thinking back then instead of it being engaged by external stimulus most of the time.

The trouble is, this stimulus is becoming more important than life itself....It's not progress, it's just the pacifying of society and regression for the human species...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-03-2019, 12:18 AM

Oh Foxy. I know what you mean.
Although I have always had a TV and phone.

Page 162 of 190 « First < 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top