Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:03 PM

Re: Theresa Has Won !

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Sorry but can I ask a question again. Ive bee really trying to get my head around this brexit.

I read today that if we cannot get an extension of time from he EU we would be leaving on 29 March with no deal.
How can we leave with no deal when last week a no deal leave was voted against in HoC.
Hi

Because that is the default legal position.

We leave next week unless the EU give us an extension.

If they do not, we just leave with nothing agreed.

There will be no transition period, we wake up in the morning out of the EU and trading on WTO Rules.

The sky will not fall in, we will not starve to death.

I was going to say the trains will still run on time, but they never do anyway.

What happens next is then out of our control, we will be in the hands of the International Money Markets
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Because that is the default legal position.

We leave next week unless the EU give us an extension.

If they do not, we just leave with nothing agreed.

There will be no transition period, we wake up in the morning out of the EU and trading on WTO Rules.

The sky will not fall in, we will not starve to death.

I was going to say the trains will still run on time, but they never do anyway.

What happens next is then out of our control, we will be in the hands of the International Money Markets
The sensible thing to do now is revoke article 50. Prepare for leaving in two years time (in fact, the transition period). Then invoke article 50 anew, let jeremy corbyn negotiate a good withdrawal deal, and leave.
If you persist now you may leave without a deal. After a period you have to apply again for membership. But then you have to adopt the euro and get no rebate, and have to enter schengen.
But being island occupants you have your own way of going about business.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Thankyou Meg and Swimfeeders for clearing that up for me.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The sensible thing to do now is revoke article 50. Prepare for leaving in two years time (in fact, the transition period). Then invoke article 50 anew, let jeremy corbyn negotiate a good withdrawal deal, and leave.
If you persist now you may leave without a deal. After a period you have to apply again for membership. But then you have to adopt the euro and get no rebate, and have to enter schengen.
But being island occupants you have your own way of going about business.
Solasch - those are wise words, I agree with nearly all of them, but I fear they will fall on barren ground with the Brexit jihadists!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Solasch - those are wise words, I agree with nearly all of them, but I fear they will fall on barren ground with the Brexit jihadists!
I can scrap jeremy if you want?

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top