Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Re: Switzerland getting EU treatment similar to the UK.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
There is nothing in law that says we have to pay it.

You're bankrupt on the 29th March at precisely 23:00:01.
Yes, I've heard about this supposed payments we owe to the EU. Strangely, I never hear about the investments we have made in the EU's infrastructure and scientific projects.

Perhaps they owe us a few tens of billions after all!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Others disagree with that statement.

If we do not pay the matter will end up in International Court.

If we are found in default the costs will be far more than the £19 Billion we have agreed to pay as part of the Withdrawal Settlement.
Yes, as I said, I've heard of our supposed 'debt', but have not heard details of who arrived at the figure and on what basis.

Does this much vaunted £19 billion account for all the investments that we have made in the EU?

No, I thought not.

If we had had some competent politicians fighting our corner I bet the figure arrived at would have been quite different!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:28 PM

Your becoming more eurosceptic than we are
I always was. That doesn't make me blind however, for the many benefits from such a union.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-03-2019, 10:28 PM

We don't have to pay anything.
I think Mrs May would be having orgasms at the thought of paying them £19 billion.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-03-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Is 'Honour Bound' a legal position or a phrase to use when there is no legally binding arrangement?
As most of our MPs are clearly without honour, then that's alright. We won't have to pay a cent.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

If we had had some competent politicians fighting our corner I bet the figure arrived at would have been quite different!
You have little grasp of the mechanisms by which such deals are worked. Politicians in the best case sail with the work done by their civil servants, or they sink the ship. Brexit is an example of the latter.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top