Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:33 AM

Re: Brexit and Britain irrelevant?

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Yep - Brexit would mean, to quote ex-President Obama, "Back of the queue"!
No it wouldn't.

Where is the USA and EU free trade deal ? You would have thought there would be one in place by now wouldn't you, however, the EU is not in a very strong position anymore since we are leaving and the EU is getting smaller.

Anyway, look at all the tariffs the USA is putting on the EU for German cars and steel etc. Doesn't look like any free trade deal will happen at all, especially since the Germany bought Eurofighters instead of F35's and Nord Stream 2 means Germany will have it's gas supplied by Russia instead of liquid gas from the USA. Oh ... and don't forget to mention the lack of NATO contributions ....

You should listen to what John Bolton said regarding the UK trading arrangements with the US. Obama is yesterdays man - who incidentally failed to agree a free trade deal with the EU for about 8 years.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No it wouldn't.

Where is the USA and EU free trade deal ? You would have thought there would be one in place by now wouldn't you, however, the EU is not in a very strong position anymore since we are leaving and the EU is getting smaller.

Anyway, look at all the tariffs the USA is putting on the EU for German cars and steel etc. Doesn't look like any free trade deal will happen at all, especially since the Germany bought Eurofighters instead of F35's and Nord Stream 2 means Germany will have it's gas supplied by Russia instead of liquid gas from the USA. Oh ... and don't forget to mention the lack of NATO contributions ....

You should listen to what John Bolton said regarding the UK trading arrangements with the US. Obama is yesterdays man - who incidentally failed to agree a free trade deal with the EU for about 8 years.
Just goes to show how long a trade negotiation takes.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Just goes to show how long a trade negotiation takes.
40 years ?

You're having a laugh - how can business trade freely when it takes the EU 40 years to sort out an FTA, especially when (according to OldFogey) they both want one ?

You could do it over lunch.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:51 AM

I always feel trade deals between two countries should be able to be done fairly quickly if they are really willing, but when you need 27 or more countries to agree it complicates things to such a degree it's amazing anything does get agreed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-03-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always feel trade deals between two countries should be able to be done fairly quickly if they are really willing, but when you need 27 or more countries to agree it complicates things to such a degree it's amazing anything does get agreed.
Thats the problem Julie, and then there is always the issue that the EU is designed and built on protectionism.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not being funny but we were talking about the UK I live in the UK so where else would I be talking about ?

We've talked about this before too when I ring my MP he blames EU and says he can do nothing about problems I want addressed. Only way to make him and others do their jobs is stop them having an excuse. If we stop paying so much into EU we can spend it here in whatever way we need.
Where is the link between the problems in the UK and the EU.

And you say that all MP's are useless and then go on to believe him that he can't do anything because of the EU! where is the sense in that?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Hi

Trump will only do trade Deals which are to his Favour.

I do not want a Trade Deal with Trump's USA.

I do not want price gouging for the NHS.

The first priority should be China and India, the growing economies.

I would rather do a deal with Putin than Trump.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Trump will only do trade Deals which are to his Favour.

I do not want a Trade Deal with Trump's USA.

I do not want price gouging for the NHS.

The first priority should be China and India, the growing economies.

I would rather do a deal with Putin than Trump.
Unfortunately we are way down the list of China’s priorities and to anger into any kind of deal it has already been confirmed that we will have to refuce our standards to allow Indian companies access
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Where is the link between the problems in the UK and the EU.

And you say that all MP's are useless and then go on to believe him that he can't do anything because of the EU! where is the sense in that?
It hasn't been as simple as that there has been a time line you seem to miss, I imagined stupidly it now seems my MP was being truthful for years and years, then we voted out of EU and I realised how useless and weak our MPs are, didn't take me long then to realise I was lied to all those years. If you look at it over the period it took me to realise 30 years or so then it makes more sense.

I'm not like some who cling to one idea for ever my thinking develops over time and I'm always willing to admit I am wrong or don't know things.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Unfortunately we are way down the list of China’s priorities and to anger into any kind of deal it has already been confirmed that we will have to refuce our standards to allow Indian companies access
Hi

I am no longer involved.

My Ex Staff. who are, have a different view to you.

I trust them.

The Chinese are easy to deal with, they understand us and the mutual benefits.

They do not offer Bribes either.

A refreshing situation.

No Honey Traps for aging men like me.

The CIA would arrange anything, not my scene.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top