Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 05:11 PM

Re: Brexit and Britain irrelevant?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We shouldn't be powerful we are a small island, what we need to be is fair and willing to buy from around the world. Stop trying to be what we aren't. Other islands around the world don't worry about policing the world or interfering in other countries so neither should we.

Julie, have you not been reading the post's???? we ALREADY buy from around the world.

United States: US$64.4 billion (13.3% of total UK exports)
Germany: $47 billion (9.7%)
Netherlands: $33.3 billion (6.9%)
France: $31.8 billion (6.6%)
Ireland: $28.3 billion (5.9%)
China: $27.5 billion (5.7%)
Switzerland: $25.4 billion (5.2%)
Belgium: $19.1 billion (4%)
Italy: $14.1 billion (2.9%)
Spain: $13.9 billion (2.9%)
Hong Kong: $10.3 billion (2.1%)
United Arab Emirates: $10 billion (2.1%)
Turkey: $9.5 billion (2%)
Japan: $8.3 billion (1.7%)
South Korea: $7.8 billion (1.6%)
http://www.worldstopexports.com/unit...port-partners/
If you go on that web site you will see that there is ANOTHER 205 countries we ALREADY trade with. How many do you want????

I am getting so fed up with repeating this fact it makes one wonder whether there are any lights on in the brexit world.

As for your other comment re not being policemen of the world, your right, but most of those types of actions are due to us being members of various International Organisations, TOTALLY nothing to do with the EU>
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Julie, have you not been reading the post's???? we ALREADY buy from around the world.

I am getting so fed up with repeating this fact it makes one wonder whether there are any lights on in the brexit world.
I think there is a strong correlation between numbers chosing brexit and remain, and the distribution of IQ's in the UK.

52% are below the average, 48% are above. 😤
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Your standards are the EU standards. These EU standards banish the sale/import of usa products(among others the infamous chickens).
Therefore the american presidents demands that the UK postbrexit let go of EU standards and employ lower standards so america can flood the UK with low grade foods.
The point is, being a small party, the UK has to conform to bigger party's demands to be able to sell AND buy. Being in the EU you wouldn't have to kneel but could negotiate at eye level.
Our standards from what I see are higher than some of the EU countries who do the bare minimum to comply.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 05:58 PM

If you go on that web site you will see that there is ANOTHER 205 countries we ALREADY trade with. How many do you want????

As for your other comment re not being policemen of the world, your right, but most of those types of actions are due to us being members of various International Organisations, TOTALLY nothing to do with the EU>
Hell of a lot of countries not represented there, we treated the commonwealth dreadfully when we joined the EU I am hoping they can forgive us and be willing to trade now we are leaving (if it ever happens).
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 06:11 PM

Hell of a lot of countries not represented there, we treated the commonwealth dreadfully when we joined the EU I am hoping they can forgive us and be willing to trade now we are leaving (if it ever happens).
1) have you checked how many countries there are in the world???

2) Which commonwealth countries do we not trade with ALREADY

53 Commonwealth
Combined, India, Canada, Australia, Sinapore and South Africa accounted for 71% of the UK's total trade with the Commonwealth; 44 countries accounted for the remaining 29%. Including the UK, there are 53 Commonwealth member states, with a combined population of 2.4 billion.

I suggest you stop digging as it is getting you no where.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Our standards from what I see are higher than some of the EU countries who do the bare minimum to comply.
You either comply, or you don't. Where do you see your standards are higher?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 09:22 PM

There are only 195 countries on Planet Earth.

Maybe the EU has a trade deal with Mars I'm unaware of.

I'm sure I've seen lights on Mars.........How many countries are there on Mars pray tell?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

I'm sure I've seen lights on Mars.........How many countries are there on Mars pray tell?
Not exactly correct as that list excludes:

Taiwan - the United Nations considers it represented by the People's Republic of China

The Cook Islands and Niue, both states in free association with New Zealand which are members of several UN specialized agencies and have been recognized "full treaty-making capacity", but are neither member states nor non-member observer states.

Dependencies (or dependent territories, dependent areas, dependencies) and Areas of Special Sovereignty (autonomous territories)

Other countries recognized by the United Nations as not being self-governing

No mention of your countries on Mars though. Mars is one of the key trade deal targets of the Brexiteers . Maybe that’s where the Unicorns come from
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-03-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

Life is more difficult than leave or remain. The number is, well, look for yourself:https://onestep4ward.com/how-many-co...-in-the-world/
itsme
Wigan UK

27-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Not exactly correct as that list excludes:

Taiwan - the United Nations considers it represented by the People's Republic of China

The Cook Islands and Niue, both states in free association with New Zealand which are members of several UN specialized agencies and have been recognized "full treaty-making capacity", but are neither member states nor non-member observer states.

Dependencies (or dependent territories, dependent areas, dependencies) and Areas of Special Sovereignty (autonomous territories)

Other countries recognized by the United Nations as not being self-governing

No mention of your countries on Mars though. Mars is one of the key trade deal targets of the Brexiteers . Maybe that’s where the Unicorns come from

Pity Mossi couldn't have found this out himself but he has already proved that research is not his strong point.

He should also be relatively aware of Mars as he passes it on his way home to Alpha Gamma 5.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top