Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Re: Ford Focus 'problem'?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Does the garage have more than 1 courtesy car I wonder? If so, I think I would be waiting outside as soon as they open and insist on them swapping cars for you?
Or isn't there anyone from work who could pick you up to help out?
Wouldn't your employers be reasonable if you told them you would be an hour or two late, but would get there a.s.a.p?
Just some more thoughts . . .
The Garage only had the tatty Focus Mups, and they kept me waiting all day for that until 7 o'clock in the evening!

I live on the southern edge of Milton Keynes and I work for a charity in Bedfordshire and there's nobody lives my way at all.

My employers would undoubtedly would be reasonable of course - but they'd still 'dock' me the hours I'd not worked.

I really can't afford to lose any wages at the moment unless there's no choice at all. It lets them down too - I can't abide letting people down Mups! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Looks like you'll have to chance it then Steve. Better not forget to take your phone with you - just incase! Good luck.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Looks like you'll have to chance it then Steve. Better not forget to take your phone with you - just in case! Good luck.
I do take a 'phone all the time Mups - even though I can only text.

Luckily the AA have provided a text line for me to use when I told them the difficulty I have with all 'phones.

I'll just have to chance it as you say!! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:05 PM

What was the outcome of your car Steve, did it get you to work? Was it an engine fault?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

30-11-2013, 06:00 PM

What was the outcome of your car Steve, did it get you to work? Was it an engine fault?
Never really found out Mups!
Sorry for the delay in responding by the way.

I've got my little Punto back now so I'm a lot happier, although the cost to sort it out was more than I anticipated! stevmk2
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 04:49 AM

That light can mean many, many things. It could be something as simple as the gas cap has not been screwed on tightly. I hate the computers in cars! I bought a diagnostic tool to hook up to my cars computer, in order to see what the problem actually was.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top