Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:29 PM

Strange but True ....

Had a few parcels to send recently, so went to usual PO.
They are so expensive here, says Hubs. A PO is a PO - says I, they will all charge the same.
Today, we had an identical box, same weight as last week, we used a different PO - £1.50 cheaper !!
Whats that about ..... ?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 03:10 PM

Re: Strange but True ....

Maybe a gram or two made the difference in the charge? I would have asked why the difference in cost but then you might run the risk of them discovering they've made a mistake and up the charge!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 03:13 PM

No - exactly the same item, a gram wouldn't be £1.50 anyway .....
Its strange though - Hubs said the other PO was expensive !
As for asking Kal - they are a right miserable lot - thats why we avoid that one
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 03:13 PM

That is strange then - you'd think they'd have standard charges across the board.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2013, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
That is strange then - you'd think they'd have standard charges across the board.
Ah - that was my point to Hubs, I 'thought' they all charged the same rates and by weight .....Maybe a fiddle going on ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Crikey, I hope not! Ours have electronic scales that show the cost when you put the parcel on it and the scale is on our side the counter so they can't craftily put a finger on the other side

Next time you're in there, ask them to explain the difference in costs between the two.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2013, 03:19 PM

Oh - just realised the same package last week was 2nd class, we decided to do this one 1st class ! Yet it was cheaper ......So its a right mystery as to why - are they able to charge what they like now its privatised !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Hi if it is priced like you mention then you pay more for next day delivery.
That's why they ask if you want the next day/first class as that is the more
expensive price as its supposed to be guaranteed. If you are not
bothered then you will be charged with a lesser price and it gets there
whenever.
Prices do go up steeply on letters too. If the envelope is larger than what
they say a letterbox should be its a lot more than just sticking a stamp on say second or first class. I received a birthday card and it was in a A4 envelope with a second class stamp and I had to pay another £1.09 and go to the sorting office to collect it. Good job I have a free bus pass.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2013, 05:05 PM

That why I'm even more puzzled Sandy - I sent this one 1st class and it was cheaper than the previous one .... I think Hubs is right, for some reason our preferred PO is dearer, the PO we're not keen on - is cheaper ...
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Agree strange maybe their scales are slightly off key. You need to ask them and they might have a look at them.
You could go to the one you don't like with a big smile on your face
and laugh a lot and you might like it then

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top