Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Re: Strange but True ....

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Agree strange maybe their scales are slightly off key. You need to ask them and they might have a look at them.
You could go to the one you don't like with a big smile on your face
and laugh a lot and you might like it then
Tried that gal - thats how I am ..... dont work and you come away feeling bloomin miserable
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 07:14 PM

same thing happened to me patsy...i used to send the local paper to my daughter....it cost the same every week but one week i posted it in another village while i was shopping there...and it was cheaper...same paper...same number of pages...very strange
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
same thing happened to me patsy...i used to send the local paper to my daughter....it cost the same every week but one week i posted it in another village while i was shopping there...and it was cheaper...same paper...same number of pages...very strange
Thanks Lavander
Something is amiss here - curious .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
No - exactly the same item, a gram wouldn't be £1.50 anyway .....
A gram could make the difference if they charge in weight blocks ie 251 to 750 gms is one fee 751 to 1.250kg another. That's how it works here
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 11:29 PM

Wait until you have send your Xmas cards! Luckily our scouts deliver local ones for 25p each!
This year the cards are cheaper than the postage!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 12:30 AM

That's funny you say all this Patsy, because I have felt just the same with my local post office charging more than the one in the next village seems to.
She's a miserable old bird in my local one too, do you think she works over at your one on her day off?
I'm going to take alot more notice now, with the christmas post pending.
I know also, alot of things have changed as to what you are allowed to send now too. I have got a printed leaflet somewhere explaining all the things you can no longer post.
With the last 3 small parcels I have sent to my friend in Scotland, the post office asked me what the contents were.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2013, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's funny you say all this Patsy, because I have felt just the same with my local post office charging more than the one in the next village seems to.
She's a miserable old bird in my local one too, do you think she works over at your one on her day off?
I'm going to take alot more notice now, with the christmas post pending.
I know also, alot of things have changed as to what you are allowed to send now too. I have got a printed leaflet somewhere explaining all the things you can no longer post.
With the last 3 small parcels I have sent to my friend in Scotland, the post office asked me what the contents were.
Thats right - they do ask what the contents are, feel like saying, 'mind your own .....'
I appreciate the reason from Bruce, but - as I said, one was 1st class (which was cheaper) than the 2nd class ! From 2 different POs ... Also in the dearer one - we've heard people questioning the costs, one man walked out without posting the item ......
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2013, 09:51 PM

Could this explain the problem?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/small-parcels
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2013, 01:37 PM

Thanks for that - I give up on it though - a pair of shoes or books for £2.60 !!
My parcel was so light - you would think it was empty - yet cost more than £2.60 .......
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 02:22 AM

It is expensive to mail packages here too. The Post Office was wanting to stop saturday delivery, but that did not happen. There is an online company - are we allowed to say the names? It is Amazon, that is going to start having the Post Office deliver their packages on Sunday too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top