Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:29 AM

Re: Given Up Sending Christmas Cards?

I still send Christmas cards and include a collage photo of the year's activities Sadly the number of recipients decreases every year as we all age this year I only sent 18 or 19 cards.

They do a special rate for Christmas cards of 65c (instead of $1.10) but as a pensioner my postage is only 60c anyway.

The biggest problem is that the selection of cards decreases every year as people send them less. I bought mine from the Royal Flying Doctor Service this year

https://nswshop.flyingdoctor.org.au/
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 09:27 AM

I send to folks just to say hi and Happy Christmas...I agree longfellow the list gets shorter and there is time to reflect especially this year.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:19 PM

Now go out and purchase some of these 'Bad Boys' and get posting.....

And think of the poor postman who's out in all weathers in his shorts just to deliver your post....It would cost you more if you had to drive to the post office in your diesel or petrol guzzling SUV and collect your own mail.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Tight arse sods!.......

For sixty five pence you can send a card to anywhere in the UK which will arrive in a couple of days.....Probably the best value you will ever find. You pay more than that to get your takeaway delivered, or a lottery ticket that you will never win more than a tenner every blue moon....For the cost of parking in Doncaster for one hour I could send five cards with first class stamps on them.... Bloody scrooges!
That's you off the list.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I still send Christmas cards and include a collage photo of the year's activities Sadly the number of recipients decreases every year as we all age this year I only sent 18 or 19 cards.

They do a special rate for Christmas cards of 65c (instead of $1.10) but as a pensioner my postage is only 60c anyway.

The biggest problem is that the selection of cards decreases every year as people send them less. I bought mine from the Royal Flying Doctor Service this year

https://nswshop.flyingdoctor.org.au/
What happened to Dr Standish?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 12:30 PM

Now go out and purchase some of these 'Bad Boys' and get posting.....

And think of the poor postman who's out in all weathers in his shorts just to deliver your post....It would cost you more if you had to drive to the post office in your diesel or petrol guzzling SUV and collect your own mail.....
Does that padlock mean you should lock them in your safe because they are so expensive?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 12:35 PM

Seriously though, as Foxy says, 65p to send a card anywhere in the Country is good value. It's just that it adds up to quite a bit when you have a lot of cards to send. I spent around £15 on cards for family and general cards but then spent another £23 on postage.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 02:07 PM

Money well spent LD.

Come to think of it, you know I have never priced up what the cost is to send cards every year.

I suppose Jeeves will tell me one day.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 03:07 PM

Tight arse sods!.......

For sixty five pence you can send a card to anywhere in the UK which will arrive in a couple of days.....Probably the best value you will ever find. You pay more than that to get your takeaway delivered, or a lottery ticket that you will never win more than a tenner every blue moon....For the cost of parking in Doncaster for one hour I could send five cards with first class stamps on them.... Bloody scrooges!
Note that I did sign on as Ebenezer Scrooge, elsewhere!

Someone has to start the retaliation against the greedy, grasping, card makers.

They make them for less than a penny. (imho)

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Money well spent LD.

Come to think of it, you know I have never priced up what the cost is to send cards every year.

I suppose Jeeves will tell me one day.

Only if you are on his Christmas card list.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top