Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 08:26 PM

Re: Tips for coping with lockdown hair.

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I got an appointment for 20th April. It's now been 4 months since I went, grey is half way down the hairs & hair is totally out of control. When the wind blows it I look bald. I hate it, it isn't long enough for a pony tail & too layered to put a band on it. I would if I could.
I have been trimming the fringe very unevenly.

My appointment is book for later in April too, Tiff.

I've been cutting my fringe, but nowhere else, so it's quite long now, but I don't mind too much.
I did a subtle colour about a month ago too, and I was quite pleased with it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 08:27 PM

How far back on your head do you wear your headband, Carol?

I can’t see it at all in your second photo and wondered how secure it fits your head?

I could do with something like that as I have over 3 weeks to wait fo my hairdresser appointment.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How far back on your head do you wear your headband, Carol?

I can’t see it at all in your second photo and wondered how secure it fits your head?
I wear it just behind my ears. This picture shows it better.

Yes it's very secure - stays on all day no bother.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I wear it just behind my ears. This picture shows it better.

Yes it's very secure - stays on all day no bother.

That looks lovely and it suits you...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No sign if that so far.
No - I wasn't aiming that remark at you LD.

I was thinking of men like my neighbour. Hair touching his shoulders but bald on top.

Mind you he's always been like that - even before lockdown. It's his style.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

30-03-2021, 10:42 PM

Thank you Mags. A few people have said they like it like that. I might not rush to have it cut..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 04:10 AM

I agree!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 04:34 AM

I love the headband on you. It looks great. Another thing you may wish to experiment with are claw clips and barrettes. It’s nice having hair toys. It makes looking after hair more fun and interesting. Don’t rush to have it cut. You just might find you like longer hair. You sure have nice waves for it. I think shoulder length would look amazing but of course I’m long hair biased.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

31-03-2021, 12:08 PM

Thanks everybody.

It doesn't seem like many of you use hair headbands/slides/combs/grips.
It's good if you can cut your own fringe - I trim mine.

My friend Chris will not attempt any D.I.Y. efforts on her own hair. She is waiting for the hairdresser if it kills her! As a result she has straight & straggly grey hair in a side parting with what was the fringe held to one side with a single hairgrip. It looks awful but she's not bothered.

I just can't understand any woman who can't/won't do something her own hair!

She knows I think it looks awful and she agrees with me but just shrugs it off...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks everybody.

It doesn't seem like many of you use hair headbands/slides/combs/grips.
It's good if you can cut your own fringe - I trim mine.

My friend Chris will not attempt any D.I.Y. efforts on her own hair. She is waiting for the hairdresser if it kills her! As a result she has straight & straggly grey hair in a side parting with what was the fringe held to one side with a single hairgrip. It looks awful but she's not bothered.

I just can't understand any woman who can't/won't do something her own hair!

She knows I think it looks awful and she agrees with me but just shrugs it off...
Maybe she is waiting for the stunning before and after pics! Some folk would just rather leave things to the trained professionals rather than attempt anything themselves. Which is fine, each to their own I suppose. When my fringe was longer (before I zapped it), I did use a hair clip to shove it out of my eyes, but I looked about 9 years old!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top