Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 06:12 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was put off by the ‘out-of-sync’ audio and vocal problems on this new news programme but noticed today that it’s much improved.
I wondered if there will ever be subtitles as some accents are difficult to understand.

I saw, Nigel Farage on it on Sunday. I have to say, he is a great speaker and his presentation is good.

I quite like Gloria de Piero, even though she is, or was a Labour MP.
Oh, I missed Nigel on Sunday.
I must have a look on YouTube, their catch-up channel.
There's another one (like Rees-Mogg) who could have been an excellent PM. Will never happen, of course, as the system doesn't allow it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suppose that's why the Yanks call them 'night fighters'!

Give them time. They've only been running for a week and are starting from scratch. They'll sort out these niggles.
I guess that people can't remember the technical problems that Channel 4 had when they first started in 1982? That was a bit amateurish (some may say it still is. )
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 08:22 PM

Some very good topics discussed with not an ounce of bias.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some very good topics discussed with not an ounce of bias.....

I'm openly biased...
against left-wing bias, especially by the BBC.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 12:36 PM

After a year on lock down holidays, and working less than two weeks
on his new television programme, Andrew Niel finds he now
needs ," some weeks off"
The new programme has struggled imo to overcome tech problems,
but the main problem seems to be a failure to find any real news and
lack of ability to present it in an interesting manner ?
I was hoping for much more than this?
So, what happens now ?

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 10:31 AM

Some important debates discussed. One last night about the real danger of so called 'smart motorways'.

All lanes running (ALR) takes out the hard shoulder meaning that if you breakdown you have nowhere to stop to get help.

The woman interviewed had devastating story.

My Name is Claire Mercer and three months ago my husband, Jason Mercer, was killed on an All Lanes Running (ALR) 'Smart Motorway'.

Alexandru Murgeanu was also killed in the same incident, he was just 22 years old.

With my family as a campaign team and an army of people who feel as strongly as we do about the dangers of 'smart motorways' we are calling for an immediate halt to them, particularly ALR motorways, where there is never a hard shoulder. To do this we need a judicial review of the decision to bring them in.

Claire Mercer from Smart Motorways Kill

May 28, 2021

Thank you all so much for your on-going support
Highways England are trying to 'slow time' us, hoping the campaign will lose momentum, they are purposely using delaying tactics to hold up the legal process.

The government, DfT and Highways England suddenly and unexpectedly made a huge song and dance a few weeks ago, issuing cryptic press releases saying they had statements to make on smart motorways. When the announcement came there was very little new in it. It was mainly the same old promises that have been recycled for at least 6 years, by sheer co-incidence the deadline on our pre-legal action expired the next day!

After announcing to the country that they had made a whole raft of new, informed decisions on the Tuesday, by the Wednesday: [paraphrased reply to our lawyers] We have not had time to read the very compressive expert report and don't know when we will have time!

So the informed decisions came about without consulting the only truly independent expert submission.

We will not give up but its looking increasingly likely that we are going to have to take yet more action in order to stop the delaying tactic.

I was warned at the start of this that "this process will take a long time" and my reply was "my husband will be dead for a long time"
Feisty and determined.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-06-2021, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Some important debates discussed. One last night about the real danger of so called 'smart motorways'.

All lanes running (ALR) takes out the hard shoulder meaning that if you breakdown you have nowhere to stop to get help.

The woman interviewed had devastating story.

Feisty and determined.
I find it disgusting that the government is still supporting this dangerous idea that has already killed people.

Of course, it saves money in purchasing nearby land in order to properly widen the roads...
so that the money can be spent on white elephants like HS2!

I always believed that safety came foremost in this country, even at the cost of some freedoms, but it appears that as long as those in authority are well looked after the rest of us don't really matter.

Yet another reason for voting out the sitting party in 2024 as far as I'm concerned.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
After a year on lock down holidays, and working less than two weeks
on his new television programme, Andrew Niel finds he now
needs ," some weeks off"
The new programme has struggled imo to overcome tech problems,
but the main problem seems to be a failure to find any real news and
lack of ability to present it in an interesting manner ?
I was hoping for much more than this?
So, what happens now ?

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎
It's all very repetitive.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-06-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's all very repetitive.
Give 'em time.

And bear in mind that they don't have the enormous financial resources to build fantastic studios like the BBC (thanks to the compulsory BBC Tax).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:09 AM

It seems GB News is beating other News programmes for viewers.
It got 92,500 viewers last Wednesday.

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top