Join for free
Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:14 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I dislike him because he is slimy and unpalatable.
Slimy? Unpalatable?
Can you be more precise and specific?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
but I suppose that depends upon your not agreeing with his political leanings.
I don't actually know what his political leanings are, JBR, I can only guess. He plays to his audience, I don't believe for a second that he says what he does out of conviction.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Slimy? Unpalatable?
Can you be more precise and specific?
Certainly I can, JBR:

Very slimy, and very unpalatable.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:43 PM

You could be right, there are probably enough numb skulls in the population to sustain it, I'm afraid.
Have you watched it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:06 PM

The arrogance, bias and complacency of BBC and others are the reasons Gb news was launched.

Douglas Murray being interviewed now associate editor The Spectator.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:06 PM

I don't support "PC, woke or left-wing agendas"; neither do I support harsh, simplistic right-wing agendas. It is also the job of a news presenter to support neither. Opinions and views should come from third party commentators, and both sides should be represented, even though I may strongly disagree with one or the other. It would seem a mindless exercise to watch what seems to predominantly be a bunch of reactionary middle aged men bouncing my pre- existing opinions back at me.
GB News is not a news programme Harbal, it's a current affairs programme where people discuss topics that are in the news and would probably welcome your opinions of the channel, unlike the BBC and other media who would not allow discussion of things they don't approve of.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
GB News is not a news programme Harbal, it's a current affairs programme where people discuss topics that are in the news and would probably welcome your opinions of the channel, unlike the BBC and other media who would not allow discussion of things they don't approve of.
And they don't shout over and browbeat their guests. They simply let them have their say, just like any decent news/current affairs programme should. Compare that with Andrew Marr's constant interruption of guests, never letting them get a word in edgewise, or the deplorable QT - one big shouting match which gives voice to the biggest mouths.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

27-06-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
GB News is not a news programme Harbal,
How silly of me to assume that a channel calling itself GB News is trying to present itself as a news channel, Foxy.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

27-06-2021, 10:23 PM

Ignorance is not an excuse.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

27-06-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Have you watched it.
No.

I must admit that my opinion is based solely on the discussion I heard on the radio. Alastair Stewart, who is one of its presenters, was one of those taking part. He came across as a total nob head, which strongly influenced my opinion. It also became obvious that the channel is meant to be a mouth piece for right wing opinion, although it be just as wrong were it left wing opinion. I think this sort of thing is socially destructive.

Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top