Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:11 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Chancellor Rishi Sunak interview now on.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I couldn't reply to the GB News section because it was in the Pro Brexit section....And I'm not allowed.....

So I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the programme so far. As other members have stated, the voices were out of syc, and the sound level is ridiculously low. I also found that the reporting at lunchtime was so amateurish with no continuity. And while we are at it, too many adverts.....Unless they pull up their socks I won't be looking in much longer..I hate to say it, but you forget how good the BBC is....If they weren't so biased.
I am sticking with GBNews…hopefully the glitches will be sorted and get better.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I am sticking with GBNews…hopefully the glitches will be sorted and get better.
I agree, I'll stick with them for a while also Vlad...Although since I've been visiting channel 236 I've also come to enjoy Al Jazeera on freeview 235...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 10:01 AM

Disappointed. I tuned in again this morning to see a badly lit studio with one white male and two black female presenters who could barely be seen (no offence) and the first story was about the first woman of colour to make it into the Welsh parliament. I though GB news would be free of all this rubbish?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:47 AM

Same same…the black on the right with a fixed smile ..weird it was all so stilted
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:00 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ntent-concerns

GB News is facing an advertiser backlash after big consumer brands including Ikea, Nivea and Grolsch said they would pull their adverts from the network. *

Ikea
, the Dutch beer brand Grolsch and the Swedish cider maker Kopparberg said they had suspended adverts because of concerns the channel’s content would go against their aim to be inclusive. Nivea said it would review its position in three months. The brands said they had not been aware their adverts were being aired on the channel.

The Open University, which is publicly funded, also said it had paused advertising on GB News. It said on Twitter that it had not planned or purchased advertising on GB News, and added that it was investigating why it had happened. Kopparberg said it also had not been aware the channel would air its spots.

Octopus Energy’s founder, Greg Jackson, published a letter to customers on Tuesday evening that said it had asked its agencies to suspend advertising on GB News. “We’re not currently running ads on GB News,” he wrote. “We will monitor it, and only advertise if it proves to be genuinely balanced.”
* Also Vodaphone, Ovo Energy and insurer LV.

Surprise, surprise .....

Companies advertising on television tend to hire media-buying agencies to buy slots on their behalf, according to audience categories such as age and income, rather than targeting specific channels. This means that companies often do not have advance knowledge of where exactly their adverts will be broadcast.

A television industry source said advertiser boycotts of entire channels were very rare. Instead, they tended to happen in relation to particularly sensitive programmes or with editorial content criticising companies.

The source said that the actions of a small number of advertisers were unlikely to make a significant difference to GB News’s finances. This is because media agencies tend to buy large blocks on behalf of multiple clients, meaning they could simply fill the vacated slots with adverts for other clients**.
** ..... but (probably) ones without so much credibility .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:03 PM

I will give it a couple of weeks, but they should have solved the
technical problems allready really ? It's as if BBC has bought up
all the technicians to starve them out ??
It does not work in a natural manner either, everything seems
to be forced or false ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:22 PM

One up to Andrew Neil and GB News....

Quote:

The mobile phone giant and other was targeted by the left-wing Stop Funding Hate plotting to bring down the nascent channel that promises to be anti-woke, pro-British and cover more stories outside London. IKEA, Nivea, Kopparberg, Grolsch, the Open University, Octopus Energy, Ovo Energy and insurer LV have pulled their adverts from Andrew Neil's new channel. Last night anti-GB News protesters hailed 'good news' after Vodafone's official account tweeted that 'advertising [with GB News] has been placed without our permission', adding the business would be 'addressing this'. But a company source has told Guido Fawkes that they have 'no intention of boycotting' and the social media person had made a decision 'way above their station', pointing out that GB News is regulated by broadcasting watchdog Ofcom. Last night Andrew Neil was involved in a Twitter row with Octopus Energy's boss Greg Jackson. In an extraordinary exchange Mr Neil threatened to cancel his company if they wanted to advertise with them again. Mr Neil told him: 'Have a look at our content. You'll find no hate. Let me know if you want to advertise. And I'll let you know if we want your ads. Or whether we organise a boycott of you'.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:30 PM

Co-op commits to advertising on GB News

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...campaigns.html

The Co-op is fighting back against left-wing calls for companies to suspend advertising for GB News as the brand stood firm and defended the 'editorial independence' of the media.
Well, it would, wouldn't it ..... ?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I will give it a couple of weeks, but they should have solved the
technical problems allready really ? It's as if BBC has bought up
all the technicians to starve them out ??
It does not work in a natural manner either, everything seems
to be forced or false ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
It will, probably, take a while to resolve their organisation problems, and I doubt that any of the left sided Broadcasters are rushing in to help.

However, if I just focus on the guest speakers, it makes me a happy Bunny.

They are chosen, I think, because they applaud the UK, rather than naysay it, all the time.

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top