Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:23 PM

PoPcOrN

It’s a chilly day here today so I popped some corn as a snack.

This got me thinking. I hosted an intern missionary from the US a few years ago and he couldn’t believe that I pOp corn on the stovetop! He has only ever had microwave pOpCoRn! He said my way was waaaay better.

Do you pOp corn the traditional way or do you prefer the microwave kind?

What’s your favourite pOpCoRn topping?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:30 PM

Re: PoPcOrN

My son is a micropop tragic. Me, i like the traditional method. In fact Minx we are scoffing both kinds right now as we watch the olymps...Topping?...just a light salt sugar mix and butter.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:32 PM

I have only used a microwave too. I like the sweet kind, toffee, or salted caramel. I eat the savoury kind sometimes if I'm having a salad, and I have it to hand.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:50 PM

Believe it or not, I've never had popcorn in my life, what is it and is it fattening?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Believe it or not, I've never had popcorn in my life, what is it and is it fattening?
It can be if you eat loads I suppose...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garlic-butter-popcorn-65.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	16397  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 01:58 PM

Traditional cooking method - have no need of a microwave. Usually serve it with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:00 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn

Popcorn does contain carbs, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. One-fifth of the carbohydrates in popcorn are in the form of dietary fiber, which is good for your overall health. Popcorn is a good example of a high-volume, low-calorie whole grain. If cooked correctly, it makes a healthy snack.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:20 PM

I used to cook popcorn traditionally but don't have it at all now after chomping on a hidden uncooked piece cost me hundreds of pounds in the form of having to have a broken tooth crowned.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the information Pixi Knuckles and Silver Tabby. I've just had a search to find out what's in it and how to cook it. I managed to find the website below which explains what it is but not how to cook it, I will have to investigate further. Also from the prices on here it's not all that expensive is it, not much more expensive than the porridge I have for breakfast:

https://www.realfoods.co.uk/product/833/popcorn
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Thanks for the information Pixi Knuckles and Silver Tabby. I've just had a search to find out what's in it and how to cook it. I managed to find the website below which explains what it is but not how to cook it, I will have to investigate further. Also from the prices on here it's not all that expensive is it, not much more expensive than the porridge I have for breakfast:

https://www.realfoods.co.uk/product/833/popcorn
Baz, which planet have you been living on
I can’t believe that you don’t know what popcorn is
When you’ve tried it out, let me know what you think Baz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top