Join for free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:01 PM

Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

Hi All

Currently all forums have been switched off apart from the 'Contact Staff' sections and the new Temporary Chat Section because I am going to start moving us to the new software soon, as per this announcement.

This means for now please use the new Temporary Chat Section - you can start new threads and/or post in any existing ones but please note threads and posts in that section will not be copied to the new forum as it is only a temporary section.

The migration is not going to be a quick process either (sorry!) because as mentioned previously this software is very old now so I'm going to have to look at what is realistically feasible to copy over... but I'll keep you updated.

Here's the link to the new section again:

https://www.over50sforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

It is only accessible by members
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:05 PM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

I wondered what had happened. OK Azz, thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:23 PM

Azz, how long will it be before we can answer posts please?
Can we still send a PM?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:41 PM

Oh, I just felt a shiver of dread run down my back ...

When you say a long time Azz do you mean hours or days or weeks or... the next millennium.

You know me, always inquisitive.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Azz, how long will it be before we can answer posts please?
Can we still send a PM?
You should still be able to send PMs but they won't be copied to the new software Mups..

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh, I just felt a shiver of dread run down my back ...

When you say a long time Azz do you mean hours or days or weeks or... the next millennium.

You know me, always inquisitive.
I am not sure - but at least a day. Everything has to be imported to a new version of this software first, then after that I have to import whatever is importable into the new software (which is not related to this software at all)...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 12:04 AM

I was with you until you said ... software.

Boy, sounds complex .. you're going need gallons of coffee and peace and quiet so don't you go fretting about us rabble, we'll behave, as usual.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
You should still be able to send PMs but they won't be copied to the new software Mups..

I am not sure - but at least a day. Everything has to be imported to a new version of this software first, then after that I have to import whatever is importable into the new software (which is not related to this software at all)...

So any PM's we've kept, we will now have to lose?

Also, what about our albums please? Will we lose all our photo's?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

29-07-2021, 01:31 AM

Well technically you won't lose anything as this forum will be archived (so will still be accessible - just not switched on for posting) but in terms of what's carried over to the new forum the minimum I think we need is:

- user accounts
- user email addresses (so that people can get sent new passwords to enable them to log in to the new forum)

Anything we manage to migrate to the new forum other than that will be a bonus

Keep in mind this forum is very old, so it's going to be quite a challenge. Ideally I would like to carry our threads over too... but we'll see how things go Mups
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 02:37 AM

Thank you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2021, 04:49 AM

If I get lost will someone come and find me please

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top