Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 06:31 PM

How Do You Shovel It In?

Are you a dainty eater who only winds 3 strands of spaghetti on your fork or the type who keeps winding it until half the plate full is up the fork?

Of course that's an example as I don't believe I've heard anyone talking much about spaghetti.

Do you put a big chunk of meat in your mouth & chew while looking like an overstuffed hamster or cut your meat into,little pieces?

Lastly, do you eat a bit of each item on your plate or concentrate on veggies, then potatoes, then meat?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 06:34 PM

Re: How Do You Shovel It In?

A bit of each item.
Cant stand the site of people shovelling food - YUK !
If I were to eat spaghetti, I'd cut it !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 06:39 PM

I'm a twirler when it comes to spaghetti and I eat quickly but don't shovel!! A bit of each until it's all gone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 07:01 PM

I hate to see people stuffing themselves with food, how on earth could you have a romantic dinner with that going on. I'm a slow eater and like to relish my food, I like the dainty eaters who take their time and eat as if they are enjoying it, not like someone's going to steal the plate from under them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 07:03 PM

Absolutely Jem - that's why yer a 'fine figure of a man'
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 09:09 PM

I like to take my time too.
And eat a bit of everything as I go.

I have a friend who doesn't like her food touching.
She'll actually put everything on separate plates - meat on one plate, spuds on another, carrots on another, etc.
But she'll eat a stew on the one plate.
Confuses the heck out of me!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 09:18 PM

A small amount of everything. Makes me feel sick if I overfill my mouth.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 09:43 PM

Fairly dainty I think, certainly was taught to eat that way - proper knives and forks, dainty tea cup and saucer etc, for a working cleaner my Nan was a stickler for things being done the right way
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I hate to see people stuffing themselves with food, how on earth could you have a romantic dinner with that going on. I'm a slow eater and like to relish my food, I like the dainty eaters who take their time and eat as if they are enjoying it, not like someone's going to steal the plate from under them.
That is just what I was going to say, Jem.

I really loathe bad table manners - spoils the meal.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 09:00 AM

You'd none of you be any good at my place - firstly I don't eat pasta - YUK!!! - but yes I load my fork with whatever I'm eating and sparks fly from my utensils when I eat. - a full plate of food lasts no more than 10 - 12 minutes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top