Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:09 AM

Those Recipes Books

We all have them and may get another one as a Christmas gift, but do you actually really use them or just look at the pretty pictures.

I am a fan of Nigel Slater and his recipes always taste great, so if I see something he has done, I pop into the shop, read and then try. No book is worth buying for one or two recipes

Own up now. How many actually use them or are they just dust gatherers
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:15 AM

Re: Those Recipes Books

I know that Sheila uses some of hers as I've seen them on the worktop when she's been baking.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:16 AM

I had a clear out last year, all I kept was a very old Delia she covers most things, and a couple of dairy books from Unigate back in the day. I also have my hand written book handed down the generations anything else I source on line.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:17 AM

Hi solo,when I had my camper and worked away from home I was given a cookbook called " A Man A Can A Plan" it had a lot of pretty cool recipes ,that actually were pretty tasty,it wasn't real big but it had some quick and healthy recipes in it that were very easy to make.I liked it,it beat burgers and fast food,and I actually learned sometricks.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:21 AM

I like James Martin and Tom Kerrigan but I havnt got any of their recipe books I tend to find most of mine online.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
We all have them and may get another one as a Christmas gift, but do you actually really use them or just look at the pretty pictures.

I am a fan of Nigel Slater and his recipes always taste great, so if I see something he has done, I pop into the shop, read and then try. No book is worth buying for one or two recipes

Own up now. How many actually use them or are they just dust gatherers
I like to cook and have a bunch of Italian cook books.My favorite dish s Linguine with Clams with Red Sauce.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I like to cook and have a bunch of Italian cook books.My favorite dish s Linguine with Clams with Red Sauce.

That rather puts my prawn cocktail into the shade

eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2015, 11:47 AM

That rather puts my prawn cocktail into the shade

Good one ! Actually, thats what my first linguine clam dish might of looked like. I made a lot of mistakes along the way.
solo
UK

20-12-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Good one ! Actually, thats what my first linguine clam dish might of looked like. I made a lot of mistakes along the way.

We have all been there Eotp. The first time I made bread, I put too much yeast into the mix and it went berserk so I shoved it into the oven, thinking the heat would stop the process.

It didn't and bread was oozing unstoppable out of every part of the oven. At the time it was so scary, but we have laughed so many time at the memory as it was the best bread I ever made
eyes_of_a_painter
n

20-12-2015, 12:02 PM

We have all been there Eotp. The first time I made bread, I put too much yeast into the mix and it went berserk so I shoved it into the oven, thinking the heat would stop the process.

It didn't and bread was oozing unstoppable out of every part of the oven. At the time it was so scary, but we have laughed so many time at the memory as it was the best bread I ever made
As the saying goes... " practice makes perfect "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top