Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Re: Are you good at recreating dishes you've tasted?

Yeah that's soooooo true!

Guess what I'm about to have? Veggies I try to have them at least once every 2 days
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 08:24 AM

Just a thought Azz

I was doing some research for a birthday gift I'll need to find soon. Thinking the recipeint probably had enough 'stuff', I thought about 'experience days'. The 'rolling down a hill in a transparent sphere' or 'hold a hawk' didn't quite fit but then I came across cooking courses. One day or weekend (or longer) all types of cookery and occasions. There's a place on Bath which does purely vegetarian and does as many styles of veggie cooking as you can shake a stick at, from In a Hurry, to Festive, to any region of the world. You could treat yourself or, as they do gift vouchers, you could mention it for xmas/birthday if people are asking what you would like
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 01:10 PM

That's a good idea DM! I always wondered whether there were any courses - think I saw some workshops once but that was a while ago.

I'd actually love to live in Bath too - so maybe one day I'll go to that one
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Bath is a lovely place - I expect a lot of us would like to live there! Bit jam-packed with tourists though
Here's a link to the veggie cookery school in case anyone else is interested
If you do a search you'll find quite a lot of similar things (carnivore and veggie) all over the country (and then the exotic ones in The Dordogne, Tuscany etc - a bit of a different kettle of poissons)
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 06:03 PM

a bit of a different kettle of poissons)

I love Italy.

An altro paio di scarpe-an idiom for `another kettle of fish`

Sod the PhD I got GCSE A* in Italian when I was in my mid 40`s
dinahsmum
SW England

07-06-2010, 07:05 PM

grazie OG
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2010, 07:15 PM

Prego-------------------------

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top