Join for free
Page 963 of 1676 « First < 463 863 913 953 961 962 963 964 965 973 1013 1063 1463 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Aristocats, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Diamonds are Forever come to mind.
They were shown on Saturday mornings??????
I thought it was different stuff. What would I know, I was in my Tutu
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Might have been the Matinee, come to think of it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 07:32 PM

I'M HERE!

and I notice Mr Brave,wivviz big Norf 'n' Sarf flappin' in the breeze,has 'addit onniz toes,suddenly,soon as I make an appearance. HA! I bet his daisies are making ticktacks down the yet to meet,at right good flower seed,the w#nker! [that's Cockney Rhyming Slang,that is...good,eh?]Did you know,dear reader,that when postal sperm donors were requested in Horse-Trailyer,that ol' 'super eager to be of assistance' gumbud came in a Jiffy? HMM? Nah,'COURSE snot...he keeps that WELL quiet...HUH...finga bart ol' gumboil is,he believes being superstitious is unlucky! - SEE wot I mean? WOT a dork....#sigh#
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 08:06 PM

Pugsy ignore all the nonsense. I was asking who went to Saturday Morning pictures.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 08:16 PM

Talking about big pictures.
Anyone ever ponder the big questions? Why are we here? Where does our mind go when we’re dead? Is there anybody out there remotely like ourselves?
With all the technology at hand today no one has even come close to getting answers to these, the most important questions of all.
Who gives a damn if someone knows all the works of Shakespeare by heart, can quote passages of epic Greek poems, or is a genius at maths, chemistry, physics, or surgery, it all adds up to bugger all in the big picture.
Get outa the way, I wanna see the big picture!

As kids and before going into the cinema, the brother and me would buy a loose Player (cigarette) each and a match, the little old lady in the shop would always give you two free matches with your penny fag. She and her sister ran this tiny shop next to the picture house, neither of them ever married and were left the shop by their father, nicer people you couldn’t meet, so nice in fact that the thugs in the area made sure they were never troubled or robbed, alas both sisters and shop are now long gone, lost to progress as they say.
Anyway we would light up during the little picture, take several slow drags, then nip the lighted tip off and keep the bigger portion of the smoke for the big picture, a truly enjoyable experience.
Fourpence into the cinema, a penny for a smoke, two pence for a big bag of popcorn, and threepence for a bag of chips on the way home, a terrific day out for less than a shilling, and don’t forget there were 20 shillings in a pound, God be with the days, everything today is many money money, and grab all ya can, I pray for them, they have never known simple enjoyment in their lives.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

Yay Spitty you got it.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Talking about big pictures.
Anyone ever ponder the big questions? Why are we here? Where does our mind go when we’re dead? Is there anybody out there remotely like ourselves?
With all the technology at hand today no one has even come close to getting answers to these, the most important questions of all.
Who gives a damn if someone knows all the works of Shakespeare by heart, can quote passages of epic Greek poems, or is a genius at maths, chemistry, physics, or surgery, it all adds up to bugger all in the big picture.
Get outa the way, I wanna see the big picture!

As kids and before going into the cinema, the brother and me would buy a loose Player (cigarette) each and a match, the little old lady in the shop would always give you two free matches with your penny fag. She and her sister ran this tiny shop next to the picture house, neither of them ever married and were left the shop by their father, nicer people you couldn’t meet, so nice in fact that the thugs in the area made sure they were never troubled or robbed, alas both sisters and shop are now long gone, lost to progress as they say.
Anyway we would light up during the little picture, take several slow drags, then nip the lighted tip off and keep the bigger portion of the smoke for the big picture, a truly enjoyable experience.
Fourpence into the cinema, a penny for a smoke, two pence for a big bag of popcorn, and threepence for a bag of chips on the way home, a terrific day out for less than a shilling, and don’t forget there were 20 shillings in a pound, God be with the days, everything today is many money money, and grab all ya can, I pray for them, they have never known simple enjoyment in their lives.
Ah yes ah very deep Jem.
Fourteen pounds in a stone I think.
I'm off to watch my little picture on my box.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-08-2018, 09:38 PM

This means nothing, Team Wise.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 10:10 PM

Re the big picture

Sammy David jnr was on the right track with this

Daddy started out in San Francisco
Tootin' on his trumpet loud and mean
Suddenly a voice said, "Go forth, Daddy
Spread the picture on a wider screen"

And the voice said, "Brother, there's a million pigeons
Ready to be hooked on new religions
Hit the road, Daddy, leave your common law wife
Spread the religion of the rhythm of life"

And the rhythm of life is a powerful beat
Puts a tingle in your fingers and a tingle in your feet
Rhythm in your bedroom, rhythm in the street
Yes, the rhythm of life is a powerful beat

To feel the rhythm of life
To feel the powerful beat
To feel the tingle in your fingers
To feel the tingle in your feet

Daddy spread the gospel in Milwaukee
Took his walkie talkie to Rocky Ridge
Blew his way to Canton then to Scranton
Till he landed under the Manhattan Bridge

Daddy was the new sensation
Got himself a congregation
Built up quite an operation down below

With the pie-eyed piper blowing
While the muscatel was flowing
All the cats were go, go, going down below

Daddy was the new sensation
Got himself a congregation
Built up quite an operation down below

With the pie-eyed piper blowing
While the muscatel was flowing
All the cats were go, go, going down below

Flip your wings and fly to Daddy
Fly, fly, fly to Daddy

Take a dive and swim to Daddy
Swim, swim, swim to Daddy

Hit the floor and crawl to Daddy
Crawl, crawl, crawl to Daddy

And the rhythm of life is a powerful beat
Puts a tingle in your fingers and a tingle in your feet
Rhythm in your bedroom, rhythm in the street
Yes, the rhythm of life is a powerful beat

Daddy, we got the rhythm of life

Of life, of life, of life
Yeah, yeah, yeah man
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 10:12 PM

"Ah yes ah very deep Jem.
Fourteen pounds in a stone I think.
I'm off to watch my little picture on my box.[/QUOTE]

Very true Sweetie, the thing is this is a Chinese keyboard and honestly there is no pound sign on it, no euro sign either. Other than that it is a smashing little keyboard, charge the battery and it goes for weeks.

I love some of the dialogue from the old films, last night I watched an old Sherlock Holmes mystery, as everyone knows Watson collects all Holmes adventures and writes them up for publication in “The Strand” magazine.
Holmes was not amused when he read one particular story and says so to Watson “My dear Watson, you have made me out to be a complete imbecile in your latest effort at journalism, I do wish you would stick to medicine, it says here that a lot of my time in Tibet was spent seeking advice from the head Llama, Lama has only one ‘L’, why people will think that I spent a lot of my time in Tibet seeking advice from a mountain goat”
I had to laugh at that.

Page 963 of 1676 « First < 463 863 913 953 961 962 963 964 965 973 1013 1063 1463 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top