Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 07:13 AM

Re: Any vegetarians on the forum?

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Oh my God Uncle Joe!, you ate the whole Zoo!.
Jimmy matey, if Lions can eat it (albeit they eat their meat raw) then it must be edible to us humans too if its cooked properly.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 04:18 PM

hi Jennie...i make the veggie pie at xmas for my veggies...they love it
butternut squash peeled deseeded and cubed,,,2 tbl sp olive oil,,,handful of rosemary sprigs,,,one onion finely chopped,,,handful fresh thyme,leaves only,,,2oz walnuts roughly chopped,,4oz stilton roughly crumbled,,,2oz cranberries...fresh or frozen,,,11oz shortcrust pastry,,,1 egg (for egg wash)
heat oven to180c ,,add squash to roasting tin drizzle over half oil and rosemary and season with salt and pepper ,,put in oven for 20__30 mins till squash begins to soften,,,remove ,,,put to one side,,,
heat oil in large pan add
onion and thyme and season,,,cook for 5 mins add walnuts,,,cook for a further 2 mins,,remove from heat and add stilton cranberries and squash,,,taste and:season...if cranberries too tart add a sprinkle of sugar,,,,spoon mixture into pie dish,,,roll pastry out and cover pie dish,,,brush with egg wash ...put in oven for 30_-40 mins....
oceantide
New Member!
Niagara Falls Canada
oceantide is female 

15-11-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jenilou ->
I'm a lifelong vegetarian, not because of any moral issues but because as a very small child, I just wouldn't or couldn't eat meat. I have a very clear memory of being at kindergarten (as we called it back then in the dark ages ) aged about four and gagging on a piece of meat and one of the other girls saying to me 'wrap it up in the (mashed) potato', which I did, and just swallowed it down in a gulp without chewing or it even touching the sides.

My mum tells me that even as a wee toddler I wouldn't eat chicken soup. My sister and brothers would have chicken soup, while I would have vegetable or tomato. I don't know what it was, but something about the smell of meat cooking (even soup) and the taste and texture of it, turned me right off. Same goes for fish.

As I got older and started to realise that it was 'creatures', that may also have become a factor but it certainly never started out that way. You could say I was born a vegetarian.

I don't eat any meat, fish or eggs - but I do eat dairy, milk and cheese - I couldn't live without cheese!

I'm not preachy about it at all. Both my kids eat meat, and my daughter loves her fish. I would never inflict my tastes on them, although neither are what you would call big meat eaters - steaks or joints of lamb or anything like that. They like chicken, son loves a bacon sarnie and they both eat eggs, scrambled, fried, all ways.

I just wondered if there are any other veggies on here, who might be interested in sharing recipes? Or maybe carnivores who know some good veggie recipes?
I was a vegetarian for 20 years until I recently read THE CHINA STUDY. I am now a vegan and am loving it. My food is so much more tasty. Yes cheese is hard to give up but well worth it. There are so many wonderful vegan recipes on the internet and SOOOOOO many Vegan cookbooks now.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 03:27 PM

remember vegan from the pagan fares, was always tasteless and 'heavy' pleased they have improved the taste for you, have veggie vegan friends, and keep a special set of cooking items for them
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 04:29 PM

found this sounds ok
This recipe should be illegal! LOL!! Preheat oven to 375° Chop a head of broccoli (do not rinse, immediately prior to preparing!) Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic Put broccoli, garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and a few shakes of salt and pepper in a ziploc bag. Shake it up!! Spread out on baking sheet, place on top rack, and bake for about 30 minutes. Broccoli will be crunchy and delicious! I make this at least 3 times a week and have to control myself once I take it out of the oven, I could eat this alone for dinner! Don't just LIKE it, SHARE it so your friends see it! It also saves it in your Timeline Photo Album so it's stored for later! Just click on the picture and click SHARE at the bottom. For more healthy recipes, tips, motivation, and fun, join us Getting Skinny with Martha
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by seaspirit ->
found this sounds ok
This recipe should be illegal! LOL!! Preheat oven to 375° Chop a head of broccoli (do not rinse, immediately prior to preparing!) Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic Put broccoli, garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and a few shakes of salt and pepper in a ziploc bag. Shake it up!! Spread out on baking sheet, place on top rack, and bake for about 30 minutes. Broccoli will be crunchy and delicious! I make this at least 3 times a week and have to control myself once I take it out of the oven, I could eat this alone for dinner! Don't just LIKE it, SHARE it so your friends see it! It also saves it in your Timeline Photo Album so it's stored for later! Just click on the picture and click SHARE at the bottom. For more healthy recipes, tips, motivation, and fun, join us Getting Skinny with Martha
As the saying goes: "Not bloody likely". Homo sapiens are omniverous so yes I eat vegetables, but I also like my meat too!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Been a vegetarian for many years was a vegan for a while but I wasn't a good one so made myself ill, decided I was healthier eating eggs and cheese and milk.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top