Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 01:01 PM

HP Sauce

I am not a great fan of sauces and tomato makes me cringe but I do like a bit of HP on the cheese on toast which I have occasionally.

Last time I had HP sauce I thought I detected a change in the flavour and I found it less palatable.

I have just been listening to an item on the radio about consumers complaining that the flavour had changes so clearly I am not alone.

Apparently the only change to have been made to the ingredient is a reduction in salt . I would have not connected the change to salt and am surprised this small alteration could make such a difference to the overall flavour.

I wonder if any other members have noted the difference ?
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 01:47 PM

Re: HP Sauce

it still tastes great on bacon sarnies mmm
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 02:05 PM

I believe it is now made in Holland
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Mr Berxer has noticed a difference as he loves HP sauce on cheese especially.

I like the Pataks Bengal Pickle....quite spicy but with a nice "kick" to it. Can only get in Sainsburys for some reason.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I believe it is now made in Holland
...yes I believe it is now made abroad Ron
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 04:26 PM

I'm a great fan of HP Sauce, and am devastated to hear they've changed the recipe. Is there anything sacred anymore? If I knew which ones had the old recipe, I'd stockpile as many as possible.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 04:31 PM

I have changed fromHP to Marks and Spencers and it is very nice. I am not a sauce face really but was suprised by the taste.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2011, 04:39 PM

Do they have a comments section or a contact number on their web site? Perhaps if enough people called to complain they might consider making both versions. Remember a while back when people screamed so when Coke changed the formula that they kept the old one as Classic Coke?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-09-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I'm a great fan of HP Sauce, and am devastated to hear they've changed the recipe. Is there anything sacred anymore? If I knew which ones had the old recipe, I'd stockpile as many as possible.
...I think you are too late John it was changed a while back.
I don't use it very often and have only just purchased a new lot and discovered the change. Some may not notice it...

Found this..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...116-years.html

...not sure I believe them when they say only the salt content has changed...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-09-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I have changed fromHP to Marks and Spencers and it is very nice. I am not a sauce face really but was suprised by the taste.
I might try that Annie or my good old local Worcester Sauce
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Do they have a comments section or a contact number on their web site? Perhaps if enough people called to complain they might consider making both versions. Remember a while back when people screamed so when Coke changed the formula that they kept the old one as Classic Coke?
Eileen I may well contact them but doubt it will alter things because I think the move to a different country and new ownership may have something to do with the change ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top