Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 01:59 PM

Israel and the UAE

This surely is a step forward .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-historic-deal
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 02:06 PM

Re: Israel and the UAE

Hi

Very welcome.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 02:16 PM

Suddenly lots of support for Trump
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 02:16 PM

All it will do is cause the Israel haters in the region have another target to attack. And they will.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:47 PM

They both have a common enemy...Iran...the UAE has the money, to fund Israel, who have the balls and capability.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 10:45 AM

Can't see it working .

Flogging, stoning and even amptutations still committed in UAE . No freedom of speech, news is censored and women are subordinate to men. The government has been accused of widespread arrest, torture and disappearances of its citizens.
Trump always hungry for oil, UAE is an oil rich country. US are big buddies and eager to sell weapons, particularly in a recession . UAE is not a democracy along with other Arab nations... but US has its air base there, used for attacks in Yemen. So this half hearted 'arranged' peace option, is not even worth mentioning.
I see it as the next move towards antagonizing Iran and Russia, now that Lebanon has succumbed to ruin. Nothing to do with wanting peace in the region it's all about oil , gas and land and now the Syrian gas and oil won't be the bounty after 11 yrs of war , there are huge oil and gas reserves in the Levant Basin, which includes Gaza and West Bank. aka Palestinian land, to be found.

However, I'm quite sure someone will jump up and tell me I'm wrong, but thats only their point of view.
Oh and whilst Im at it, don't anyone dare call me anti-semite . This chidlish ploy to call people names in an effort to quieten them will never work. I amongst ohters can say what I want against Isreali policies, the Government and Netanyahu. If you knew what members for the Jewish Voice for Labour also thought, you might just see a different side to the blind side.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 10:51 AM

America has no need of oil. The UAE are no worse than any other Arab state and better by far than the so-called "palestinians".
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
America has no need of oil. The UAE are no worse than any other Arab state and better by far than the so-called "palestinians".
But US wants to export Gas to Europe, thus cutting off supplies from Syria and supplies from Russia that go through Iran and Syria ? Turkey wanted the pipleine from the Med that was to go from Isreal, via Lebanon and Syria through to Turkey and onto Europe.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/russ...as-market.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

18-08-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
But US wants to export Gas to Europe, thus cutting off supplies from Syria and supplies from Russia that go through Iran and Syria ? Turkey wanted the pipleine from the Med that was to go from Isreal, via Lebanon and Syria through to Turkey and onto Europe.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/russ...as-market.html
So what? In any case the analysis of the energy market in Europe and especially the relationship with Russia on both a political as well as a financial basis is very much a case of a wish rather than reality.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

18-08-2020, 11:38 AM

Never mind 'so what' . Hundreds of thousands of people have been slaughtered due to this war for oil and gas.
Will relations between UAE and Israel now give Israel permission to use US air base in UAE and the ability to block Iranian oil coming through the Persian Gulf ? I bet it will !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top