Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 08:22 AM

Published Photographs

My first published photos were in the '80s, and of electronics training circuits for a German defence journal.
This week, the Isle of Wight County Press put my photo in their gallery page. For those who don't know the IoW, Bonchurch is a village near Ventnor and the location is one where you can unravel your mind in splendid silence. Apart from the occasional chug chug of a fishing boat or a lorry on the main road, silence is golden.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:23 AM

Re: Published Photographs

I just want to sit on that bench.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:39 AM

I have had a few which have been used by wildlife organizations and in a couple of local exhibitions. And even had one used on the TV. Some have been put on an art site where they can be used for artists to paint.

That is a grand view Dobra, its always nice t see our work appreciated.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:44 AM

Thanks folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 09:49 AM

Lovely photo Dobra, if ever I visited the Isle of Wight I would want to hunt that spot out
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 10:03 AM

Lovely photographs Dobra my Sister in Law always goes to the Isle of Wight on holiday .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Lovely photo Dobra, if ever I visited the Isle of Wight I would want to hunt that spot out
Many years ago, Mrs LDs and myself spent a week in the Highlands. We bought a postcard (as you do) which showed a lovely scene of the Three sisters (hills) and a beautiful tree in the foreground. When we got back, I painted it and it hung on our wall for a few years.

Six years later we went back to the Highlands. I was driving along when I suddenly spotted the tree in the picture. We parked up and took photos of exactly the same scene.

So, thanks to photographer's efforts, it is possible to hunt out a spot from a photograph.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB

22-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Smugglers' Haven between Ventnor and Shanklin.

https://isleofwight.com/item/smuggle...isle-of-wight/

The old boy is sitting on that bench.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Smugglers' Haven between Ventnor and Shanklin.

https://isleofwight.com/item/smuggle...isle-of-wight/

The old boy is sitting on that bench.
That would suit Mr Mags perfectly, especially with a quaint cafe behind for coffee and snacks
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 05:55 PM

That's some view!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top