Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 03:44 PM

Re: Are Prolific Posters On Forums, Just Attention Seekers?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So it was you I saw streaking through the market this morning, was it, protecting your modesty with a bunch of bananas? I should have known!
A giant marrow....ooops, I'd better not upset poor Rachel.

She's a sensitive soul
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Morty. I see a forum as a less serious, online debating society... so how boring would it be be if nobody said anything.

For those,who don't enjoy reading all the comments, there is no compulsion to do so.
The term Debating Society fills me with dread

At school and college (many moons ago) nothing was achieved.

It was a place for the articulate, attention seekers, to air their views which they had often nicked from elsewhere.

So what?

The result was that one or the other 'won' the debate.
oh good

Most people on these chat forums are lonely.

They either have health problems (various) or they have no real family or friends and these chat sites offer some kind of respite

Why else would they bother with the intenet?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 04:16 PM

Well, I'm here in an attempt to educate the masses. Just think how much dumber you would all be if it wasn't for the likes of me? It is a hell of a task, so prolificacy is just part and parcel of the mammoth job I face.

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 04:26 PM

It's an interesting question asked by the op.

There is a question of which is more prolific - posts that take time to research and can be quite long and detailed, or short soundbite types?

Personally, I favour posting the latter as it (a) panders to my short attention span and (b) facilitates taking part in a wider number of discussions.

As for attention seeking, surely whenever anyone "speaks" in any format, one wishes for attention?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, I'm here in an attempt to educate the masses. Just think how much dumber you would all be if it wasn't for the likes of me? It is a hell of a task, so prolificacy is just part and parcel of the mammoth job I face.

You're my hero
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 04:33 PM

I think we all like to be read so by that definition we are all seek attention, otherwise why bother posting?

What amazes me though more than anything, is how really prolific posters find the time, particularly when they post on more than one forum. I sometimes think there can be nothing else in their life...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Probably.
Those who appear to know more, better or think they're funnier than the rest possibly are.
The rest of us are just filling in the spaces.
I tend to have to agree with you on this TessA too
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:08 PM

Debating/chatting online is a good way to keep your brain active over 50, keep yourself informed about current affairs and exchange ideas and information. There are some very knowledgeable posters on here.

I don't mind why people come here, but I am grateful they do because a forum is nothing without regular contributors.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I tend to have to agree with you on this TessA too
Thanks Aysa! It's good to know someone reads my ramblings!
Sometimes I wonder if I'm a figment of my own imagination
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:28 PM

I am not one of the prolific posters, but I do read a great deal of what is posted - I am one of the prolific readers. Trouble is, by the time I have read it all someone has come along and posted what I was going to say.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top