Join for free
Page 21 of 42 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:34 PM

Re: What A Loss (?)

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, accounts do have to be submitted. Plenty of reading on the link below giving details of the official accounts:

https://www.royal.uk/financial-reports-2018-19

Also it would appear there have been times when income has been 'hidden' as it comes from many different sources, according to this link:

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-25/...by-lawnmowers/
Their finances are murky to say the least .
Disclosure is selective
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am no beggar or bower but l feel Great Britain would be bland and colourless without a royal family and all the pomp, splendour and tradition that goes with them.
It would be a miserable country without a royal family. I don’t mind paying 69 pence a year to keep them.

The Queen is best known person in the world. Many countries envy us for all the pomp and splendour.

History books would become boring.
Although I agree with that, I don't see that Charlie will enjoy the same amount of respect the Queen has when he takes over. I mean you only have to think of the 'tampon tapes' to spoil the illusion that he is somehow higher up than the rest of us. Then there's Andy (enough said) and the Markle Debacle. I suppose William and Kate are the only ones in with a chance but let's be honest, they are quite a boring couple.

Personally I would be happy to see all the Royals move to Canada when the Queen departs. We could still continue the pomp and splendour but at a fraction of the cost.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Have a guess which country this is ?

Under the consitution, royal house members receiving a stipend are exempt from income tax over that stipend. They are also exempt from all personal taxes over assets and possessions that they use or need in the execution of their functions for the kingdom. The monarch and the heir-apparent are also exempt from inheritance tax on inheritances received from members of the royal house.
Unto them who have shall been given more .
So the richest woman in the world didn’t pay a penny on the £20 million she inherited from another avaricious old bat -the Queen mother -yet some poor sap who worked all his life to pay for his semi that takes him over the £325k nil rate band his children have to pay inheritance tax straight in at 40% .
It’s outrageous .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
unto them who have shall been given more .
So the richest woman in the world didn’t pay a penny on the £20 million she inherited from another avaricious old bat -the queen mother -yet some poor sap who worked all his life to pay for his semi that takes him over the £325k nil rate band his children have to pay inheritance tax straight in at 40% .
It’s outrageous .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Unto them who have shall been given more .
So the richest woman in the world didn’t pay a penny on the £20 million she inherited from another avaricious old bat -the Queen mother -yet some poor sap who worked all his life to pay for his semi that takes him over the £325k nil rate band his children have to pay inheritance tax straight in at 40% .
It’s outrageous .
Muddy To me, it isn’t about the individuals, it’s about the institution, the package. It’s the pomp, the splendour, the traditions and all that goes with it.
Yes, they cost but it’s cheap at what the alternative would cost. It’s better the devil you know, than the one you don't know.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes l knew about that PD, But my cocern is not about the tax
injustce so much as the people having accurate data on the
profitability or other wise of the royal business so we can end the
debate on wether it is in fact a viable venture or it itbshould be put
into recievership??
Donkeyman!
The country I was referring to was the Netherlands.
Just a few of them ....so we see that the other countries also support their royalty financially .

Norway:

Net worth: $30 million

King Harald V doesn't pay taxes on his wealth and has spent some of said wealth purchasing a royal yacht.

The Norwegian monarchy reportedly costs the state $72 million a year. In 2017, the Norwegian government allocated roughly $32,214,394 to the royal house and $14,88,900 to the King and Queen for personal expenses.

Netherlands:

Net worth: $200 million

Queen Beatrix may have abdicated the throne in 2013, but that doesn't prevent her from remaining the most prominent figure in Dutch royalty.

The current King of Netherlands, King Willem-Alexander, was allocated a budget of $47 million, which covers official visits and overseas tours. He also has a personal fortune consisting of real estate, investments, and a stake in Shell Oil.

British Royal Family :

Net worth: $530 to $600 million

The British royal family's net worth is made up of property, art, and investments.

Much of the net worth comes from The Crown Estate, which includes Buckingham Palace and the crown jewels. While this belongs to the British state and not the Queen, she does own her residences at Balmoral Castle and Sandringham Palace.
Queen Elizabeth has an estimated private wealth of $530 million as of 2016, according to Forbes.

From 2016-2017, the Sovereign Grant, calculated as a percentage of Crown Estate profits, was roughly $57,931,768. The Queen received around $20,167,835 generated from property rental sources.

Monaco:

Net worth: $1 billion

Prince Albert II of Monaco reportedly owns about a fourth of the land he reigns over; the Philadelphia-area home of his mother, Grace Kelly, which he purchased in 2016 for an estimated $754,000; an antique car collection; shares in the Monte Carlo resort Societe des Bains de Mer; and a pricey stamp collection, all of which contribute to the House of Grimaldi's net worth.

Monaco spent $52,788,294 on the royals in 2015.

Liechtenstein:

Net worth: $3.5 billion

Prince Hans Adam II of Liechtenstein receives an untaxed token expense allowance of $270,709 in lieu of a salary.

The expense allowance may seem to be a small sum compared to other royals, but the Princely House of Liechtenstein is reportedly worth $3.5 billion in large part due to its privately owned bank, LGT Group, and investments made through the Prince of Liechtenstein Foundation, which oversees real estate, forest, and winery assets.

Luxembourg :

Net worth: $4 billion

The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg doesn't receive a salary, but has been granted around $324,851 every year since 1948 to carry out functions.

The 2017 budget also allows for $12,181,914 for the Grand Duke's household cost. The ownership, administration, control, and income of the private fortune of the Grand Duke's House belong exclusively to the holder of the crown.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Although I agree with that, I don't see that Charlie will enjoy the same amount of respect the Queen has when he takes over. I mean you only have to think of the 'tampon tapes' to spoil the illusion that he is somehow higher up than the rest of us. Then there's Andy (enough said) and the Markle Debacle. I suppose William and Kate are the only ones in with a chance but let's be honest, they are quite a boring couple.

Personally I would be happy to see all the Royals move to Canada when the Queen departs. We could still continue the pomp and splendour but at a fraction of the cost.
I agree. The Queen has never put a foot wrong, but Charlie-boy...

It is just possible that after the Queen dies, there will be big changes in respect of the Royal Family. Possibly even the end.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2020, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy To me, it isn’t about the individuals, it’s about the institution, the package. It’s the pomp, the splendour, the traditions and all that goes with it.
Yes, they cost but it’s cheap at what the alternative would cost. It’s better the devil you know, than the one you don't know.
Art you can have the pomp and splendour without a RF.
I don’t agree that they are cheap at all the massive cost of security and running the royal residences is never factored in .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2020, 01:12 AM

The Queen Mother left an estate of between £50-£70 to her daughter the Queen who is exempt from inheritance tax .

She also left some minor bequests to her staff (who were poorly paid .)

These bequests were subject to inheritance tax .

Wonderful isn’t it .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The Queen Mother left an estate of between £50-£70 to her daughter the Queen who is exempt from inheritance tax .

She also left some minor bequests to her staff (who were poorly paid .)

These bequests were subject to inheritance tax .

Wonderful isn’t it .

I wonder who set up the law that the king / queen do not pay tax would it have been around in the days of Henry V111 or is it a recent law .

Page 21 of 42 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top