Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Re: Strange...

Bruce it was a 100 watt bulb of the old type,My bill for the quarter wasŁ233 , a lot of things are left on standby .i just dont know where my electric is going .

I think i would be better off on a standard single meter at the moment we are on duel economy 7 ,But not a lot of units are used through the night .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I save money by inviting folks around to dinner-some were a bit tough though
I appreciated it OG
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I save money by inviting folks around to dinner-some were a bit tough though
@ Stephan try cooking them for longer
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Bruce it was a 100 watt bulb of the old type,My bill for the quarter wasŁ233 , a lot of things are left on standby .i just dont know where my electric is going .

I think i would be better off on a standard single meter at the moment we are on duel economy 7 ,But not a lot of units are used through the night .
Is your cooker electric Eliza and do you use the oven much?
Electric heaters are also fairly heavy electricity users and things like tumble driers.
I like a light in the hall and have one on a timer to come on when it's dark, it's not a high watt one though.
I found that economy 7 wasn't much use also, as you use so little through the night and Id rather do my washing during the day too.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Is your cooker electric Eliza and do you use the oven much?
Electric heaters are also fairly heavy electricity users and things like tumble driers.
I like a light in the hall and have one on a timer to come on when it's dark, it's not a high watt one though.
I found that economy 7 wasn't much use also, as you use so little through the night and Id rather do my washing during the day too.

Yes Anita. Looking at my Summer bill which was Ł88 ,the extra amount must be Lights ,tumble drier,and .boiler which brings the CH on .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 03:28 PM

We have replaced all the bulbs in our house with LED saving a lot of wattage. one 3wt LED is a good replacement for a normal 40wt

The dishwasher and washing machine are only run when full and while at the cheaper tariff.
I do all my baking in one day too that aso helps with running costs
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Dave C. and his merry men have clearly done a good job, and we sail forth into the sunlit uplands....
Really????? They've screwed around with our pensions and we get bugger all interest on savings. I certainly won't vote for them again.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 10:59 AM

Erm - it was an ironic observation...I think, although despite their efforts, we still seem to be reasonably well off compared to many other countries.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top