Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 08:29 AM

Re: Electricity Bills

Be very careful with changeovers, some have hidden cancelation clauses, between £30 to £50 per fuel which means if you are on gas and electric it would be £60 to £100 depending on your supplier..
That is how I read it anyway.
I am with NP and have been for many years, my monthly payment is £75 for gas and electric, and I do get back any overpayments without asking for them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2014, 08:45 AM

British Gas and pay by DD went over to the DD system from the old standing order system, think it must be 30 years since we paid a bill with cash. It's always been cheaper doing it monthly than waiting for the bill to arrive.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
NPower monthly DD which was the cheapest deal in this area and recommended by MoneySaving Expert
Same here, and they refunded an overpayment without asking.
They told me my DD was going up by £20, I told them it wasn't and they didn't change it.
I always threaten to leave, and have done in the past, so they know I mean it.
I have just changed all my lightbulbs to LED, and that should save an enormous amount, I will let you know next month, because we read our own meters every 9th of the month, so we can compare with last years bill.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 12:27 PM

I have just been looking at my statements with OVO and note I have received almost £5 in interest over the last few months because I went into the winter with a good surplus (from my monthly DDs) to carry me through to spring
There is a 3% interest any surplus.
I am also to receive a £12 refund in the autumn.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 03:18 PM

I'm with OVO too Meg, changed to them around six months ago after looking at one of the comparison sites. The down side is that you have to send in meter readings monthly but I guess its for our benefit really so our bills are accurate and not estimated.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 08:05 PM

I live on my own in a rented flat, and just carried on from the previous tenant with British Gas for gas & electricity, paying by DD

My bills are fairly low so it's hardly worth changing, and they have always been straightforward and easy to deal with. I have asked them to reduce the monthly payment as my credit was building up, which they did without any quibbling. On one occasion they even did it without being asked!
Now & again they take a meter reading and adjust the payment, which is fair enough.

Generally speaking I am happy with them

Recently they have had offers, such as a non cancellation/penalty agreement combined with a reduced tariff. I have renewed it and got a high street voucher for £50

There are now so many suppliers, if I had some of the unfortunate experiences you've described, I would change immediately. Remember, they need your business, and if you're not happy, shop around
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
I'm with OVO too Meg, changed to them around six months ago after looking at one of the comparison sites. The down side is that you have to send in meter readings monthly but I guess its for our benefit really so our bills are accurate and not estimated.
Val that is one reason I like them, no estimated bills I know exactly where I am
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 09:24 PM

I had a gas bill from edf this morning.It stated that it was final gas bill dated 12January-14February 2012 the amount?£647.83!!I moved into this house on January 12th 2012.I switched to another provider on February 14th.How can I have used £647.83 of gas in 34days?I have contacted edf and they are looking into it.Why has it taken 3years to send me this bombshell of a bill.
It has really taken the stuffing out of me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 10:39 PM

Did any hear on the news recently, about these price comparison websites getting a 'rake-off' for recommending some companies?

British Gas told me they now return any account credit every six months, regardless of the amount. Sure enough, they just refunded even the £25 that was left in my gas account.

If OVO can afford to pay interest on our credit, why can't the others do the same? The 3% OVO pay is better interest than my savings account pays!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
I had a gas bill from edf this morning.It stated that it was final gas bill dated 12January-14February 2012 the amount?£647.83!!I moved into this house on January 12th 2012.I switched to another provider on February 14th.How can I have used £647.83 of gas in 34days?I have contacted edf and they are looking into it.Why has it taken 3years to send me this bombshell of a bill.
It has really taken the stuffing out of me.
Thats scary Enfys I moved into this bungalow a year ago ,and did my last read myself at the house i left , I even took photo readings ,for incase anything like whats happened to you .

In your case it must be a computer cock up or someone sitting at a desk playing with numbers .
Let us know how you get on .and dont worry to much .anyone with any sense will see theres a mistake .

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top