Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:06 AM

Re: Getting well laid

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't either Terry the new house is in an AONB with very strict planning so it has to resemble a collection of farm buildings, even the roof heights have to vary so there is not one long building and it blends into the surrounding landscape. All the materials used have had to be approved for colour/texture. There is going to be a lot of oak used, and the bricks will be a mix of colours.
It should be beautiful when finished.
Meg, can you keep us updated, please.

That type of build is a big challenge, the type I crave.

I had the opportunity to be involved in a couple of barn conversions that gave me sleepless nights but the finished product more than made up for the stress.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
where do you want these bricks dropped
From a great height?
I have a suggestion
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have to say. I have winced at a few of Tpin's thread titles but then l thought, it's my mind that has had made it into something it isn't!
The title of this thread has been deflected by the interesting replies and I think that is the way to play it!
There's absolutely nothing wrong with his threads but they do tend to degenerate usually (but not this one!)
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
where do you want these bricks dropped
Is that one of Emjay's bikes?!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
There's absolutely nothing wrong with his threads but they do tend to degenerate usually (but not this one!)
Alan, you cannot blame the so-called 'degeneration' on me, my thread or choice of title.

Threads grow, which direction they take is down to the posters, some take become witty some become heated, the latter usually because of one person.

Believe me, I'd prefer him to stay away but he can't.

His comments about the powers that be sorting me out is stating that I've done something wrong, which I haven't, unless being polite, trying to help people where possible and being harmless is an infringement of the rules.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:25 AM

I just don't really get what all the fuss is about.
I mean, the titles are just "click-bait" - commonly done to get someone to look at a thread.

Take the title of this thread for example. If some think that it may infer a portion of the good old horizontal aerobics and something possibly that could be taken as offensive, then why click on it in the first place?

Not only that, if someone doesn't like the content of a thread, they can both choose to not read it or participate.
As far as I've seen so far, most members seem to like Terry's threads and participate.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-04-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Best not to acknowledge things Tpin, just adds to feelings of self importance.
See this dot .
That's how much impact they really have if any.
Thanks, it's nice to see support but, a shame it's needed.

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Garry

Myself and my 'pals' since arriving on this site have caused nothing but trouble, been responsible for a banning, dragging the forum down and numerous threads removed because of our behaviour.

All these accusations have been levelled at me this morning.

I'm getting pretty fed up with the pomposity and the self-righteous, so much so that I'm seriously considering my options.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Garry

Myself and my 'pals' since arriving on this site have caused nothing but trouble, been responsible for a banning, dragging the forum down and numerous threads removed because of our behaviour.

All these accusations have been levelled at me this morning.
By who?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I just don't really get what all the fuss is about.
I mean, the titles are just "click-bait" - commonly done to get someone to look at a thread.

Take the title of this thread for example. If some think that it may infer a portion of the good old horizontal aerobics and something possibly that could be taken as offensive, then why click on it in the first place?

Not only that, if someone doesn't like the content of a thread, they can both choose to not read it or participate.
As far as I've seen so far, most members seem to like Terry's threads and participate.
I couldn't have put it better myself Fender
And what IS wrong with a bit of horizontal (or otherwise) aerobics anyway?

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top