Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:02 PM

Have You Ever Had Your Fortune Told?

I would be scared to death to have my fortune told as l don't think l would want to know if it was something bad! What about you?
If you have, was it by a Clairvoyant, a Tarot card reading, a fortune teller at the seaside, a spiritualist or someone else?
Did what they told you or predicted, accurate and did it come true? Or, are you like me, avoid fortune tellers as you are frightened of what they might tell you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:18 PM

Re: Have You Ever Had Your Fortune Told?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would be scared to death to have my fortune told as l don't think l would want to know if it was something bad! What about you?
If you have, was it by a Clairvoyant, a Tarot card reading, a fortune teller at the seaside, a spiritualist or someone else?
Did what they told you or predicted, accurate and did it come true? Or, are you like me, avoid fortune tellers as you are frightened of what they might tell you?

I have spoken to quite a few mediums over the years Art, but they would be most offended if there were classed as 'fortune tellers'.
They are more about giving evidence of life after death.

I had me tea leaves read once, but never done the fairground-type fortune tellers though - don't think I'd do that. The past has already happened and not sure if I'd want to know what my future holds even if they were able to tell me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:30 PM

Yes I have, a gypsy lady came to the door and told my fortune, it all came true especially the bit about the plastic black cat charm I bought off her, she said if I put it in my purse it would never be empty!

Of course not it had a flippin' plastic cat in it!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:43 PM

Ive never had my "fortune" told but I wouldnt mind seeing a medium....I find anything like that fascinating...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes I have, a gypsy lady came to the door and told my fortune, it all came true especially the bit about the plastic black cat charm I bought off her, she said if I put it in my purse it would never be empty!

Of course not it had a flippin' plastic cat in it!

I was thinking exactly the same Tess, that the purse would never be empty, even before I read to the end of your post.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I've had it done loads of times in the past. Was told once I should be a healer

I bought some tarot cards and books on the subject and used to do my friends (just for a laugh). Interestingly, all the 'readings' I did one particular time all implied death in their readings (which can also mean 'new beginnings' BTW). Anyway, it was the time Princess Diana died. Strange.
Also, a friend had a child in hers, which surprised her as she didn't want another one. A couple of weeks later she said she was pregnant - which was totally unplanned.

A male friend and I were doing our readings - when he did mine, a child came up for me.
What! I wasn't going to have a child or get married again thank you very much!
But two years later, it happened
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:45 PM

I was told by a `gypsy` fortune teller that I would meet a woman with a very large forehead. It turned out to be her reflection in her crystal ball.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:49 PM

I've seen a couple of clairvoyants many years ago and one in particular told me things that I thought 'yeah, right, what a load of cobblers' but so much of it came true I had to eat my words - unbelievable really.

Wouldn't go now though..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:50 PM

I don't believe in that sort of thing but when I was about 22 years old I was told by a so-called gypsy in Skegness that I would have 3 children .........and I have 3 children !
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I don't believe in that sort of thing but when I was about 22 years old I was told by a so-called gypsy in Skegness that I would have 3 children .........and I have 3 children !
Spooky.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top