Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 08:56 PM

Re: Have You Ever Had Your Fortune Told?

I would love to have my fortune told, just to see how long I could keep a straight face.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 09:00 PM

Joking aside for a mo, I always feel for people who are desperate to contact their loved ones who have passed over.

I had a friend - Tony. He was a very insecure chap and quite shy. Then all of a sudden he seemed more confident within himself.
He told me he was going to a spiritualist church and would I go with him sometime, which I did. We didn't discuss what he was told and he gave no signs of being told anything that was to follow.

I got a phone call from his brother a few weeks later. Tony had just died of a brain haemorrhage. I often wondered if the person he saw at the spiritualist church picked up on it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Spooky.....
Not really, just a lucky guess !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 09:20 PM

If fortune tellers are so good why has one never won the lottery?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:13 PM

My mum was addicted to mediums, clairvoyants ..anyone who would tell her fortune.
I remember when I was a teenager she liked one in particular and would visit every week and as I was to discover . ..possibly the most fashionably dressed clairvoyant in Staffordshire.

One week I noticed something odd and asked .. Mum, where's me corduroy jacket gone? And my trench coat? Come to think of it I haven't seen that for ages. And me nice black leather boots . ... and the list grew and the mystery deepened.

It turned out Mum had donated them to this sad soul she'd felt sorry for as she was poorly dressed.
I was not a happy pig, I can tell you.... I'd just started working and lavished a bit of my wages on nice gear to wear. It comes to something when you have to make your own mum promise not to keep giving your clothes away.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If fortune tellers are so good why has one never won the lottery?
Probably due to unforeseen circumstances.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Joking aside for a mo, I always feel for people who are desperate to contact their loved ones who have passed over.

I had a friend - Tony. He was a very insecure chap and quite shy. Then all of a sudden he seemed more confident within himself.
He told me he was going to a spiritualist church and would I go with him sometime, which I did. We didn't discuss what he was told and he gave no signs of being told anything that was to follow.

I got a phone call from his brother a few weeks later. Tony had just died of a brain haemorrhage. I often wondered if the person he saw at the spiritualist church picked up on it.

Even if the medium had 'picked up on it' Pesta, it would have been very unprofessional and irresponsible to have told him, especially in front of a church full of people.
The decent ones would never tell you something that would frighten and alarm you like that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Or, are you like me, avoid fortune tellers as you are frightened of what they might tell you?
I'm exactly the same Art. Even when I was young I was never tempted to go to them - I certainly wouldn't want to now!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:53 PM

When you have seen Doom, it is easy to spot it in others, especially if they are looking for it, one could make a fortune, if that was important.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Probably due to unforeseen circumstances.

Even Gipsy 'fortune tellers' can't create the future, they only profess to be able to tell you is already on the cards for you. So if you aint down for a win - tough - you aint gonna get one!

And as for clairvoyants, I doubt they would even discuss things like that because it has nothing whatsoever to do with passed loved ones.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top