Join for free
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Film - the most recent you have seen?

I thought there was already a thread on this subject but for the life of me cannot find it, so here goes.
Last night my son and I went to see Iron Man 3. And I thoroughly enjoyed it, plenty of action, witty humorous, enough gadgetry to satisfy everyone, and of course the luscious Robert Downey Jnr. to boot. Cannot wait for the new Thor, and the new Wolverine.

Do you get the feeling I am a fan of the MARVEL films
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Yes Des - very obvious... haven't been to the cinema for years, waiting to see 'The War Horse' and 'The Artist' on DVD....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 06:47 PM

It must be 30 years since we went to the cinema, and I think it was to see one of the Dirty Harry films with Clint Eastwood. We do like films but tend to wait for them to arrive on the television at Christmas time....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 04:11 AM

I went to the cinema a couple of weeks ago on a wet day in Alor Setar (in Malaysia). For the princely sum of RM8 ($2.50 - half for Pounds) I saw GI Joe in 3D. With the added benefit of sub titles in Bahasa and Chinese

I haven't been to the cinema for over 20 years and as others have mentioned wait for it to come out on DVD (or these days just download it). It was an experience I wouldn't have missed but it did teach me a few things:

1. 3D is not that much better than it was in the days of red and green specs, it is just coloured now.
  2. I will not be spending any money on a 3D TV.
  3. It will probably be another 20 years before I go to the movies again (when I am 86 ).
djteel
New Member!
seagoville,tx
djteel is male 

27-04-2013, 07:28 AM

prarie dog that ate my mom..the director's cut.more prairie dog less mom
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 08:20 AM

War horse was on Foxtel the other night, tissues on hand needed ( for me ) but thoroughly enjoyed it
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 08:59 AM

Les Miserable. a few months ago. Absolutely fantastic.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It must be 30 years since we went to the cinema, and I think it was to see one of the Dirty Harry films with Clint Eastwood. We do like films but tend to wait for them to arrive on the television at Christmas time....
Same here Barry, in fact I can't even remember the last time I was in a cinema My brother keeps telling me how much they have changed but he also tells me what it costs now and I just can't see it's worth all the hassle of parking, dressin up (At least to look decent) breathing all the nasties of people in front, behind, coughing etc., and then paying to see something which is all special effects and badly recorded sound. Wait for it to come on TCM for free is my answer.

Sorry just my rant, anyway OH wouldn't leave the dogs alone for a whole evening, and right now there are no cinemas close enough to consiider going to anyway
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 01:18 PM

There is a cinema near to where I live and we use it fairly often, (special days for pensioners at reduced rates) I've seen three 2013 films so far this year, 'Identity Thief', a good laugh, 'Hansel and Gretel', the two siblings have grown up and go chasing witches, enjoyed it. The last one was disappointing to me anyway, 'Jack the Giant Slayer', a bit too corny for my liking.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Last film I saw at the cinema was "The Hobbit" I just recently noticed that it is now out on DVD so if I had waited just a few weeks ........ Went out and bought the video anyway because I have the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, but I am sure there must be more "Hobbit" to come as the film seemed to finish in mid air.

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top