Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 11:08 PM

Online Surveys - paid

I'm a member of several survey sites, answer a few questions and some will pay you cash, others you get points that accumulate and then they pay out, some will ask you to test new products for them, I've received hundreds of pounds in gift vouchers of my choice, also £150 cash for being the winner in a monthly draw!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 05:07 AM

Re: Online Surveys - paid

I often do on-line surveys and the most I get is to be entered into a prize draw............which I've never won.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 05:11 AM

As long as you remember that you are not a customer but the product, the information you provide is worth far more to them and they know who you are and where you are.

That information can end up anywhere. (same applies to Reward and Fly Buy cards)
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 08:45 AM

I never respond to on-line surveys because I don't think there's much chance of "winning" one of the paltry prizes, secondly because there's already too much information out there about me.

Try googling your name, you'll be surprised at what turns up.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 10:14 AM

Great idea Honey - there are lots of legitimate online surveys out there who respect your privacy and do pay out.

I think I joined yougov.co.uk but I just never got around to doing them. I know people who have though, and they get paid without issue
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Once made a mistake out of boredom and filled in one of those mulit questionaires put through the door. Result bombarded by junk mail, cant say ive never did an online survey but im careful.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 12:04 PM

I also belong to a few legitimate survey sites, including YouGovUK mentioned by Azz. I don't touch the surveys you find pushed through the letterbox or in magazines though.

I've been taking part in surveys for about three years now and do find them rewarding. I've received a cheque for £50 from one company for amassing 5,000 points and I'm well on the way to my next £50.

Other survey sites have recompensed me with High Street vouchers of my choice totalling approximately £200+ in all.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 12:18 PM

I research sites before I join them, they are all reputable and I've been with them for years, I too don't respond to anything posted through my door, I check them out myself and have never had a problem
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 12:30 PM

I met someone online 3 years ago who told me that he did about 10 of these surveys per week and started doing them when he was out of work.

I'd found a forum site that was specifically for people that did this online to make a little money or get the vouchers.

He told my that not many of the companies paid in actual money but some do (or did!) or they have a points system where you could let it accumulate then receive a voucher to that value, usually with a list of shops that would accept them.

Most of these were non-food shopping and were a bit limited but he told me back then that he'd also won small cash amounts too.
I understand it's got far bigger now though!

There was also a woman on the site who had started trading on ebay in 2008 to try to supplement her income as she was a single parent and, at the time she started, unemployed.

Believe it or not she'd got up to earnings of £2000+ per month!

One thing I'd advise though - doing surveys or anything online is very time consuming and in fact some of the companies can be rather demanding and even drop you if you do not do enough for them.

Another thing is make sure your security is top-notch!! stevmk2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

17-05-2014, 12:47 PM

most of my payments have been in vouchers though I've had cash payments too, I never need to part with money in Argos nor B&Q which is where I usually spend my vouchers though there are several other stores at my disposal.
I always thought prize draws were a waste of time until I actually won cash so as long as they are legitimate and I've done my homework then it's a no brainer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top