Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 05:00 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Me and Sheila with our son and his partner at the top of Zugspitz, Germany's highest mountain.
I have decided to leave OFF and will be going at the end of the day. It is no secret that I don't like smut and, unfortunately, there's far too much of it about on here these days. It seems that I'm the one out of step as the mods appear to accept it, although I have had a few pm's agreeing with me. It must be an age thing. I have given my email address to a friend and have asked her to let me know if things ever go back to how they were and if they do then I'll return. OFF has given me a lot of pleasure over the 4 years I have been here but I really don't like the present tone of the forum. Bye to all of my friends and to the others I just will say remember P.A.C.T. - 'If you wouldn't say it in front of your Parents or Children don't say it on here' - the Parents And Children Test.
Bye All.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 05:56 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Good morning all, a milder start here thank goodness and a pleasant day in forecast I believe.

No plans as yet other than food shopping first thing and cooking cottage pie for lunch.

Have a good day everyone.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:04 AM

Hi

Lovely to be able to put a face to the name.

So sorry to hear that you are leaving Alan.

I will miss both your gentle style and your superb photography.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:35 AM

Its a gorgeous picture and I will miss my dear friend
For me I wish you would reconsider
Good morning all
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 06:41 AM

Good Morning, sorry to hear your decision Alan, it is sad to lose a valid standpoint, good luck.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:22 AM

Good morning all.

Lovely photo of you and your family Alan.

Alan I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving OFF, I will really miss you, please keep in touch with me.

Have a nice day all.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 07:33 AM

Good Morning everyone,

Alan, lovely photo of you and the family. I am so sorry to hear of your decision as it means they have won and it leaves those like us in the minority.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:13 AM

Oh Alan, not another one leaving!

I don't think it's fair, but I have to agree about the smut and poor tone of the forum! Another member and I have agreed that it has changed, and not for the better.

So sorry to know you have reached this decision. Take care, and hope to see you back on here soon.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 08:49 AM

Good morning all.
It's my Tony's birthday today so I'm going with the flow...

So sorry to hear that Alan is leaving here. I do admire a man who stands up for his convictions but I wish you wouldn't go Alan.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 09:24 AM

Good morning ... but maybe it's not that good if Alan does leave the forum

Please reconsider Alan ... the forum needs you !!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top