Join for free
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:08 AM

Additions and changes to our Mod team

Hi All,

As the forum continues to grow so do the challenges in keeping this a happy, healthy and positive environment in which to participate. In order to best achieve this, we are expanding the Mod team

Our Global Mods (Meg & Mags) will be promoted to Supervisors and we will introduce a new group of Moderators. Supervisors will oversee things and the Moderators will take over the day-to-day housekeeping of the forum This is similar to the system we use on other forums.

Ok so how do we choose new mods? This varies from forum to forum. For instance, on a forum dedicated to a particular topic (such as say the official Sony Camera support forums) there would be little or no off-topic discussions (e.g. politics or other divisive issues) and so the personal opinions of the moderators are irrelevant. They just need to be able to moderate the forum effectively and in line with the rules.

However on a forum such as ours, where anything and everything can be discussed, moderator selection is much more involved. As such, the criteria for our Mods will be as follows:

• Must posses the ability to be impartial, fair and consistent
  • Must be relatively tech savvy (if you can use the forum then you probably meet this criteria)
  • Must have been a member here for at least 6 months
  • Must have posted at least 100 times
  • Must be a regular/daily visitor
  • Must be willing to do their part as a moderator (don't just leave it to everyone else)
  • Must be an amiable person
  • Must avoid personal relationships with other members that may compromise their impartiality
  • Must be committed to treating all members equally irrespective of members' race, nationality, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation and disability status.

With regards to the last three points, these are important because otherwise things can lead to untenable relationships as well reflect badly on the site as a whole - therefore anyone who holds what might be considered hateful or uncompassionate opinions would not be suitable moderator material. Please see this post for further details.

If you think you would be suitable, please start a thread in the Contact a Mod or Contact Admin section letting us know why you think you would be an asset to the team

Thank you and we look forward to putting our new team together
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:33 AM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

Erm ... question please.
It's always me .. damn it, why is it always me asking

Azz ... how many new moderators can we expect?
And is there a time limit on this?
(Don't worry I'm not volunteering. )
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 01:09 AM

Between... 1 and 10

Depends how many apply, the suitability of applicants etc.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Just imagine me as a mod for Brexit or politics!
There would be poinks flying everywhere!
Is it general modding or certain subjects?
I think you'd have to be completely fair and impartial on whichever subject you chose to mod, not have strong views, yet have some knowledge or you'd look a bit daft!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just imagine me as a mod for Brexit or politics!
There would be poinks flying everywhere!
I think you'd have to be completely fair and impartial on whichever subject you chose to mod, not have strong views, yet have some knowledge or you'd look a bit daft!
Actually I could see you as a mod ! You would do it in style and with humour ! Your poinker would become a thing of legends !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:29 AM

Sorry Julie, just added a bit!
I wouldn't be any good, I get too emotional if folk are being unfair!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:30 AM

Lol,there are a few on 'ere who need a damned good poinking TessA and You're chief poinker
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Hi

Well the Modding on here is good, so I think we should continue in the same vein.

An all female Mod team and like Meg and Mags, all ladies whose first name begins with an M.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well the Modding on here is good, so I think we should continue in the same vein.

An all female Mod team and like Meg and Mags, all ladies whose first name begins with an M.
Good thinkin' big Man..now Our Muddy & Morticia fill the bill admirably as They are both calm and serene,and never ever lose Their cool ....(just kidding Lassies)

I think We need a couple of Guys to balance things out so how about it SF?..You seem like a good Man for the job.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by may ->
good thinkin' big man..now our muddy & morticia fill the bill admirably as they are both calm and serene,and never ever lose their cool ....(just kidding lassies)

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top