Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:09 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I have no doubt there will be many members who will be asking their grandchildren for help because they will be confused on how to login to the new website.
I am sure you'll be fine Dodge - we'll leave the old forum open while we transition to the new forum, that way you can still get help via here as normal

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Will our stats carry over? Working hard for my Chatterbox status
We should be able to carry posts counts over, even if via a 'posts counts from old forum' field

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Thanks Azz and good luck with the switch over.
Thanks d00d!

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Never bothered me, I've been here 10 years and only reached just under 7000.
Wow, 7000! You lot do talk a lot
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:17 PM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
The two M n M's do a brilliant job
Absolutely.
I used to love M&Ms... before I became diabetic, of course...
and afterwards too, to be honest.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:04 PM

Ah, a bit of good news, I’ll be looking forward to the new system and the best of luck with it Azz.
Nice to hear from you again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:24 AM

Hi Azz, Just to say, how great it is to see you back in town!

Thank You for this forum and for its future refurbishment. It sounds like an exciting time ahead!!

Thank You also to Meg and Mags for all you do and l hope you also enjoy the swanky new habitat that we are going to get!!

PS. Will we have to take our shoes off before we enter?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 08:18 AM

Will our data be secure?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Will our data be secure?
Isn't it secure now?

I don't care who knows what I have posted on here; I have nothing to hide. I think the only other information held here is my email address.....

.....hang on! Could this be why I've been getting junk mail from 'Latin American Cupid' and 'Indian Cupid' web sites?

No, I'm only joking, but they do keep sending me junk. Fortunately, it goes straight to my Spam folder.
Spam, spam, spam, spam....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Absolutely.
I used to love M&Ms... before I became diabetic, of course...
and afterwards too, to be honest.
That's naughty JBR!! (Processed) sugar (and bad fats) are the devil

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah, a bit of good news, I’ll be looking forward to the new system and the best of luck with it Azz.
Nice to hear from you again.
Thanks Jem! I'm pleased to hear you are looking forward to the update

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Azz, Just to say, how great it is to see you back in town!

Thank You for this forum and for its future refurbishment. It sounds like an exciting time ahead!!

Thank You also to Meg and Mags for all you do and l hope you also enjoy the swanky new habitat that we are going to get!!

PS. Will we have to take our shoes off before we enter?
Aww thanks Art! It's nice to have been missed

I think (I hope!) you will like the refurb, and I think it will set us even further apart from the other over 50's sites out there

I'm sure @Meg and @Mags will enjoy the new platform too. It will make moderation a lot easier as it will have options where people can ignore topics too - so for example all those who dislike pro-brexit or against-brexit threads will be able to mute them We'll even be able to do things like @mention people, and they will get a notification to let them know someone mentioned them

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Will our data be secure?
Of course - just like it's always been

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Isn't it secure now?

I don't care who knows what I have posted on here; I have nothing to hide. I think the only other information held here is my email address.....

.....hang on! Could this be why I've been getting junk mail from 'Latin American Cupid' and 'Indian Cupid' web sites?

No, I'm only joking, but they do keep sending me junk. Fortunately, it goes straight to my Spam folder.
Spam, spam, spam, spam....
Yep, it's secure JBR - in fact I'm really proud about the fact that we have never sold or shared any data with any third parties (I recently thought about this after requesting my data from a dating app - I was horrified at how much they have shared with others!! )

While on the topic of dating, the great thing is because the new platform is built with a language I use, it'll mean we can create add-ons... like a dating component! But that's way into the future and will depend on how much people want it.

All this talk is getting excited about the update now!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-01-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Yep, it's secure JBR - in fact I'm really proud about the fact that we have never sold or shared any data with any third parties (I recently thought about this after requesting my data from a dating app - I was horrified at how much they have shared with others!! )

While on the topic of dating, the great thing is because the new platform is built with a language I use, it'll mean we can create add-ons... like a dating component! But that's way into the future and will depend on how much people want it.
Oh, I must immediately add that I haven't been going to any dating apps. Marge would have a fit if she thought that I had! I'm too old for dating now, anyway.

Still, some members might like such a new addition, and good luck to them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Sounds brilliant Azz, I like the notification if someone mentions you in a post, and less work for Meg and Mags, they deserve some help, they really do a sterling job, I bet we don't realise just how much work they do in the background.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:54 PM

See Azz this is just the sort of thing I'm dreading.

I haven't got a clue about Apps/Components/Platforms etc.

I don't know how old you are, but we're all mostly 50ish - to perhaps late 80's even.
How many want dating apps i wonder? Would it be worth putting it to a vote? If the majority want it, then fair enough.
Sorry to be an old grump, but I'm a bit inclined to believe the old saying . . . " If it ain't broke don't fix it."

BTW, I am another one who has always been very grateful to Meg and Mags for their hard work and fairness all these years.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top