Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 12:42 AM

Re: Come On England!

Yes,I have to (grudgingly) admit they played well at the end.We'll just have to do it at Old Trafford then.

(It's very cold here too, and the dog flatly refused to go out for our early morning walk)
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:44 AM

We had summer yesterday , autumn today and the weather forecast is for winter tomorrow and back to summer on Wednesday and Thursday!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
We had summer yesterday , autumn today and the weather forecast is for winter tomorrow and back to summer on Wednesday and Thursday!
YOu are actually north of Melbourne where you are yes?..Maybe not. Nope. Just checked it. You are 3 degrees south. But yes Old Trafford will be tense. If it's a draw or England win there THe Oval will be a monster. Can't wait either way. Methinx the Barmy Army will all need laryngectomies after that.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:28 AM

I was sat outside at a pub in Skipton...we kept looking at the score on our iPhones but gave up when three wickets went in quick succession thinking all was lost....can you imagine as we got up to leave and just out of curiosity checking....ha!

We felt like driving straight to the Skyrack in Headingley and joining the celebrations.....well done Stokes and all the team....yay!!!
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes I sat up in the wee hours and watched the match. Ben Stokes was indeed amazing. Congratulations to England on a brave and successful run chase. They not only won the match when they were n't expected to but they kept the ashes series alive which makes cricket itself the biggest winner on the day. I have been a cricket tragic for as long as I can remember. NObody was more gutted and ashed than me with "sandpaper gate". The Australians fully expected to cop it from the crowd this series. And I think they copped - and are copping it well - and giving England a damned good contest as well. AS far as piss taking goes Bassa though. Do you really think it's only us that are guilty of that?..The "You all live in a convict colony" song has been going a lot longer than since last year...We can take it cobber. And yes we can dish it out too. But please don't make out that piss taking is a characteristic that is peculiar only to us. I've been hearing Poms rubbish Australia since I was old enough to talk mate. And it was by no means always in jest. And ..I don't think Australia can be accused of underestimating the England team at any stage. You have a good team. Archer is a demon, Stokes is what he is - a hero it seems; and everybody here says what a fine young captain/ cricketer and gentleman Joe Root is. May the best team win the series.

PS. It's a ruddy cold winter here. Lots of sub Antarctic
blasts. OK for the odd night around the fire bowl but not
really BBQ weather right now. All prawns cooked and
eaten indoors thanks
Well put mate
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:42 PM

I have to be honest and say that I haven't watched cricket since the days of Gooch, Brearley and Gatting but this weekend happened to witness the amazing come back by the England team and it has piqued my interest once more. I think Stokes, knowing he faced an impossible task, just took a gamble and went for it, producing one of the greatest finishes ever.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:08 PM

I can only echo what everyone else has said on here.

After a rather poor previous performance, the England team came back with a superlative effort. It just shows that they are truly capable of cutting the mustard when it really matters.

As in many instances over our past history, it showed that this country is at its strongest and most determined when our backs are to the wall.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can only echo what everyone else has said on here.

After a rather poor previous performance, the England team came back with a superlative effort. It just shows that they are truly capable of cutting the mustard when it really matters.

As in many instances over our past history, it showed that this country is at its strongest and most determined when our backs are to the wall.
I wish the Remainers could see that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wish the Remainers could see that.
Of course they can't. They're spineless.

Can you imagine what would have happened over 70 years ago if the Remoaners were in charge of this country?

"That Hitler chappie sounds like a nice bloke, and he'd certainly get the trains running on time!"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top