Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 11:32 PM

My favourite Dahlias

All taken today.
I absolutely love 4 & 5, that one I am very proud of, it is so beautiful.

Sorry if some are not perfect, I am no photographer.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 12:16 AM

Re: My favourite Dahlias

What a beautiful collection of dahlias you have Mups!

The colours are gorgeous.

My Dad used to grow lots of dahlias but, as I remember, they were always full of earwigs. I haven’t seen an earwig for many years .... do you ever see them in your lovely blooms?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:43 AM

Thees are great shots Mups. I thought you might be interested in this. I took the diabolical liberty of copying your photo and deepened it with picture manager. YOu might have it if you have a PC. Not sure about Apple computers. You can use this when the sun has been very bright. I'll tell you how to do it if you're interested and you don't already know.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tone.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	10759  
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Yes Mups, they are lovely, we also have lovely Dehlias.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 07:20 AM

I have a photo of my Dhalias on my photo album in Old Photos, but can't seem to post them on here, perhaps you can try for me MUPS.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I have a photo of my Dhalias on my photo album in Old Photos, but can't seem to post them on here, perhaps you can try for me MUPS.
Do you mean this pics Susie?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:26 AM

Wow! Mups, they really are impressive. Are they still flowering now ?
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:29 AM

They are beautiful Mups - set me to thinking that I should plant some in our garden next year
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a beautiful collection of dahlias you have Mups!

The colours are gorgeous.

My Dad used to grow lots of dahlias but, as I remember, they were always full of earwigs. I haven’t seen an earwig for many years .... do you ever see them in your lovely blooms?

Thank you Mags.
After a disappointing severe slug and snail attack starter, they have turned out better than I expected.

I agree they seem to attract earwigs, but I haven't seen many at all this year.
My gardening magazine always says to put small upside down flowerpots full of straw or screwed up newspaper onto canes amongst the flowers and the earwigs go in there so you can capture them then.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

27-09-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thees are great shots Mups. I thought you might be interested in this. I took the diabolical liberty of copying your photo and deepened it with picture manager. YOu might have it if you have a PC. Not sure about Apple computers. You can use this when the sun has been very bright. I'll tell you how to do it if you're interested and you don't already know.

Keezoy, you haven't taken a liberty at all, and thank you for trying to help.

I have so little understanding of technology, my brain just freezes, so I doubt I would understand even if you did explain.

I have a very simple basic camera and I am used to that.
My son bought me a posher one 3 Christmas's ago, and I still haven't figured out how it works!
I know where to come if I need some help now though, and thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top