Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:29 PM

Pat testing

So, I did my online pat testing course yesterday as a requirement for my job, so now if your names pat..I can test you..,
Seriously though, there’s thousands of stuff that requires testing in a 41 bed nursing home as you can imagine, so on top of checking rooms, changing light bulbs, checking wheelchairs and all the other umpteen other things that need doing, now I have all that to do......love it though..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:02 PM

Re: Pat testing

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
So, I did my online pat testing course yesterday as a requirement for my job, so now if your names pat..I can test you..,
Seriously though, there’s thousands of stuff that requires testing in a 41 bed nursing home as you can imagine, so on top of checking rooms, changing light bulbs, checking wheelchairs and all the other umpteen other things that need doing, now I have all that to do......love it though..

Really pleased for you Primus. I know you were concerned at first as to whether you were doing the right thing or not, but sounds like it has worked out a treat.
Well done.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:13 PM

Sounds like you were just the right person they were looking for Primus

So pleased you are enjoying the job.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:19 PM

Glad you are enjoying it Primus. Can you check my phone charger now that Murtagh has chewed it (if I can find the other end).
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:50 PM

I've got a couple of lightbulbs need screwing in

And like the others I'm so glad it's working out for you Primus
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I've got a couple of lightbulbs need screwing in

And like the others I'm so glad it's working out for you Primus
How many PAT testers does it take?

Or should that be a different 'thread?'
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:03 PM

Yes it seems ok atm, I don’t regret leaving my last job as I’m still in touch with a colleague who is still there but looking to get out, he says it’s horrible and can’t wait to leave, it’s still early days yet, but I find it’s enjoyable even unblocking toilets
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-01-2020, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes it seems ok atm, I don’t regret leaving my last job as I’m still in touch with a colleague who is still there but looking to get out, he says it’s horrible and can’t wait to leave, it’s still early days yet, but I find it’s enjoyable even unblocking toilets
ooh yes. I have unblocked a few of those in my time..... and blocked a few tbh.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:22 AM

Have you come across any appliances that failed yet? I had to get a PAT tester because a company I did some work for required the testing and labelling to be done.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 11:05 AM

I was wondering whether you can do a course and pat test your own home appliances or is there a rule against that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top