Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 10:00 PM

Is It Possible For Someone To Infiltrate My OFF Account?

For a few months now, every time l log into this site, it goes all weird and freezes up. I have to log out and try and get in later.

Does anyone else have this problem? It’s like someone else has hacked or has control of my membership here.
I have kept quiet about it but it’s putting me off logging in.

Yes, it sounds like l am paranoid but it happens most of the time l log on here, yet the rest of the internet is not affected.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 10:46 PM

Re: Is It Possible For Someone To Infiltrate My OFF Account?

I don't know the answer Art but can only say that I have not had the same problems. Perhaps when it next happens you should contact admin. I suppose it is possible to hack a forum account just like any other account.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 10:50 PM

Hi Art have you tried deleting your cookies and temporary files , that usually resolves any problems.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 11:00 PM

Make sure you know all you passwords first.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 11:30 PM

I never log out voluntarily .
But sometimes when I choose to come in here , I have to give my username and password again but I’ve never thought I’ve been hacked .
Sometimes the page freezes , don’t know why that is.
Clearing cookies probably helps with some problems .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-02-2020, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I never log out voluntarily .
But sometimes when I choose to come in here , I have to give my username and password again but I’ve never thought I’ve been hacked .
Sometimes the page freezes , don’t know why that is.
Clearing cookies probably helps with some problems .
I have had the page freeze thing and I seem to remember it's something to do with when you reply to a post but then go back (back button) sometimes you can't reply and ave to log out and in again.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:14 AM

Can't say I've ever had a problem like that here. A few things have happened which I thought were a bit strange but they weren't computer problems.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 12:20 AM

No problems here either.

Do you do frequent scans on your p.c. Art?

And like Meg said, clear your history and cookies, see if that makes a difference.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 02:05 AM

Have you tried logging on using the same browser but a different device?

Have you tried logging on using a different browser on the same device?

Have you tried logging on at a different location using the same/different browser/device?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:30 AM

I'd have thought a hacker would have a reason for doing it, like to send mischievous pms in your name Artangel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top