Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 02:19 PM

Re: Is Paranoia rife on this site?

Originally Posted by susan m ->

I also find people talk too fast, especially in call centres , i have to ask them to slow down or explain things to me
And often English is not their first language........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
And often English is not their first language........

That is true. I find British Gas the worst for this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 02:44 PM

Hi

The fasted growing economies are in the Far East.

They are investing hugely in the Smart World.

Taiwan for example, Standard Broadband is 6 times faster than Ultrafast is here in the UK.

Guy's mobile was capped in Terabits of data, not Gigabits.

They are integrating all Traffic Lights with Traffic Flows.

Electricity generation is controlled by Smart Meters.

Every car has a Traffic Cam, any collision downloaded, AI decides who was at fault, fine delivered electronically.

There are huge incentives for staggered working, to maximise production.

Any Ambulance or Fire Engine is automatically given priority through Traffic Lights.

Their routes are uploaded and systems altered.

Your ID Card carries all your Medical Details.

You can go into any Pharmacy to get your Medication, any Doctors or Hospital to get treatment.

The Police are banned from doing High Speed chases, everything is monitored and they just pick you up later.

This make life much better and a much higher productivity.

There is an another essential difference.

Unlike the UK, they deliver on time and on Budget with Government Schemes.

Any Scheme which does not they sack the Civil Servants and the Contractors go bust

This concentrates the mind.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is not out to get you.

There are people who work late and stay awake at night trying to figure out how to screw you out of something you worked for.

Technology has made it easier and safer because it can be done remotely rather than face to face.

Most people become victims out of greed. They fall for an old "something for nothing" scam that is as old as human beings. (The same scheme the government uses running the lottery) I have never looked for something for nothing so it is hard to defraud me that way.

I try to take advantage of the good parts of technical advances and don't spend a lot of time worrying about the bad parts. I like the internet because you can befriend someone without them expecting you to come help them move.
Now that's what I call Paranoia!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The fasted growing economies are in the Far East.

They are investing hugely in the Smart World.

Taiwan for example, Standard Broadband is 6 times faster than Ultrafast is here in the UK.

Guy's mobile was capped in Terabits of data, not Gigabits.

They are integrating all Traffic Lights with Traffic Flows.

Electricity generation is controlled by Smart Meters.

Every car has a Traffic Cam, any collision downloaded, AI decides who was at fault, fine delivered electronically.

There are huge incentives for staggered working, to maximise production.

Any Ambulance or Fire Engine is automatically given priority through Traffic Lights.

Their routes are uploaded and systems altered.

Your ID Card carries all your Medical Details.

You can go into any Pharmacy to get your Medication, any Doctors or Hospital to get treatment.

The Police are banned from doing High Speed chases, everything is monitored and they just pick you up later.

This make life much better and a much higher productivity.

There is an another essential difference.

Unlike the UK, they deliver on time and on Budget with Government Schemes.

Any Scheme which does not they sack the Civil Servants and the Contractors go bust

This concentrates the mind.
Sounds horrendous. The world was perfectly efficient before all this nonsense. The nonsense has a massive carbon footprint both in the energy used and constant disposal and regeneration. I would not mind so much if anyone was at least consulted so that we could make an informed choice rather than have it forced on us.

Am I the only one here who has read "the machine stops"?! A really topical and just amazingly visionary piece of work. Totally relevant to the world we are living in. Farenheit 451 is another. The soulless world of no books just social media.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sounds horrendous. The world was perfectly efficient before all this nonsense. The nonsense has a massive carbon footprint both in the energy used and constant disposal and regeneration. I would not mind so much if anyone was at least consulted so that we could make an informed choice rather than have it forced on us.

Am I the only one here who has read "the machine stops"?! A really topical and just amazingly visionary piece of work. Totally relevant to the world we are living in. Farenheit 451 is another. The soulless world of no books just social media.

Just those last few words of yours struck a chord with me, Annie . . " A soulless world."
And I agree.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just those last few words of yours struck a chord with me, Annie . . " A soulless world."
And I agree.
Mups in Farenheit 451 the rebels memorise passages of books and hand them down illegally through word of mouth. Real books are illegal. People live in an artificial world of social media and regularly go crazy and try to commit suicide. They are brought back to life and their memories wiped. The whole society relies on a culture of distraction. The most amazing thing is that this was written in 1953. Huxley, Bradbury, Orwell, Forster - the great visionaries and now we are living the nightmare and do not even worry about it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-02-2020, 12:49 AM

Anyone who thinks I am nuts to think this should look around them at the contorted faces of those looking at their phones instead of looking at the beautiful world around them
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Hi

Our NHS is very inefficient.

Paper records, the same questions day in and day out when you visit.

We cannot compete Internationally due to our low productivity, it is lower even than France.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Our NHS is very inefficient.

Paper records, the same questions day in and day out when you visit.

We cannot compete Internationally due to our low productivity, it is lower even than France.
That could be because everyone in Europe is using our NHS Swim....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top