Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:08 PM

Your first...

Mine was to see the very young Cliff Richard at the Palace Theatre Mansfield Notts.... and yes, my friends & I screamed our heads off!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:16 PM

Re: Your first...

Except it was Rockatta De Bowl, Milton Keyenes
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:46 PM

I only ever went to one - the Stones. Couldn't hear a damn thing and couldn't see much either. No amount of money would induce me to attend another live pop event.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 06:49 PM

Never been to one.
I was always quietly mystified why women would throw their knickers. Fancy a chap, yeh ... but really, sling your undies at them.
* shakes her head and goes back to her knitting *
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:09 PM

Never been to one. hopefully seeing Andre' Rieu in April. However at the Orchard Ballroom in Purley Surrey, A lot of the big names went there if not booked for big concerts during the week,so got to see quite a few. The place is now used for something else
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:25 PM

Segovia. Paco Pena.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Mine was to see the very young Cliff Richard at the Palace Theatre Mansfield Notts.... and yes, my friends & I screamed our heads off!!!

If I wanted to see Cliff Richard when he comes to my local theatre in Setember I can expect to pay upwards of £200.

Think I'll watch the live relay at the cinema instead - £17 for that.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:43 PM

The Kinks, mid 60s at Gloucester Odeon ... fab

and around about the same time, Manfred Mann at a more intimate venue nearby. I remember being wowed by the psychedelic strobes.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

That was mine too, but I saw him at the London Palladium in 1959 & I had a front row seat, thanks to my then very rich boy friend.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2020, 08:15 PM

This may surprise some but although I am a music nutter I have never actually been to a big concert.Met many groups and drank and chatted with them even got the odd groupie on my knee at the end of the evening. One of the reasons I suppose the m.i.law was against me marrying her daughter.

Working for the in laws in the heart of the West End for so many years in the early 70s the pub seemed to be a magnet for actors and singers.
A lot I suppose was down to the agents who had their offices around W1 and we were in the dead centre opposite The Queens Theatre,where they all seemed to meet up.

My f.i.law hated them taking over the doubles bar upstairs and doing their jamming sessions smoking a bit of weed but I thought it great and it built up the evening trade. The afternoon trade he seemed to like because it was stripper's. But I thought it was so much better than the Chinese gamblers in the evenings with their double brandy orders and prossies sitting on their knee's. I was young in those days and so prejudice against my oriental neighbours from Gerrard Street.

But going back to the concerts no I never went to one but I heard and sang along to many a private jamming session.
Good old days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top