Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 12:33 PM

Re: Your first...

My first gig included this still wonderful song and caused me to be deaf for the following week

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 05:00 PM

The first band I ever saw was Johnny Kidd and the Pirates who performed live at Bilston Flower Show one year in the early 60s. The last band I saw live was Pink Floyd at the Stadio Flaminio in Rome when I lived there.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2020, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

One concert I will regret not going to for the rest of my life is one with Freddie Mercury. I so wish I had gone to Live Aid and seen that fabulous performance. Awww RIP my Freddie. By the way Carol, I'm going to see We Will Rock You next week eeeeeeek, cannae wait

Ditto LQ, I too have always regretted never seeing Freddie
Daughter and I saw We Will Rock You in the West End some years ago, it was really good

The first concert I saw was The Beach Boys in Belfast in 1967. I was madly in love with Dennis the drummer. My older brother was also at the concert but sitting elsewhere and the next day he ticked me off, "You were screaming!"

Many concerts since then but the last live venue I was at was Hyde Park in 2017, daughter who lives in London bought us both tickets (my birthday pressie!) to see Tom Petty. Was gutted to read a couple of months later that he had died

I am going to stay with daughter end of March and we are going to see Lindisfarne in West London and also Fascinating Aida at The Fairfield Halls. Should be a fun trip!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2020, 08:59 AM

I was brought up in a village in Warwickshire, then we moved to Manchester when I was 17

A couple of the lads at school invited me to go with them to see Joan Baez at the Free Trade Hall. That would have been sometime in 1967

This was something of a revelation, as I hadn't really understood till then that you could actually go and see the musicians in the flesh, as opposed to listening to their records and watching them on TV --and so that was my first concert

After that I joined a folk club, to see various musicians, some better known than others
Then I moved on to see many Prog Rock bands at the Free Trade Hall and other venues, but also Woody Herman, Oscar Peterson, and others

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top