Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 11:26 PM

So where will you have your ashes scattered?

Often I wonder and as many times changes my mind, where should I have my ashes scattered. Should they be with a love one or sent blowing free in a remote wilderness to be carried on the winds for eternity?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 11:34 PM

Re: So where will you have your ashes scattered?

No ashes for me or funeral either I am having a woodland burial surrounded by wild flowers, animals and birds .

My Husband's ashes were scattered on the Malverns in accordance with his wishes because he was happiest there.
I don't think it matters once you are gone, you aren't going to know about it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 11:42 PM

Mine can just be scattered ... as long as Mr M doesn't get the wind direction wrong and they blow back in his face.

I've heard some people like to have them mixed in with oil paint and used on a portrait of them.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 12:15 AM

I´m not bothered what is done with me when I´m dead. As Meg says, when you´re gone you´re gone.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 12:31 AM

My ashes will be buried within my mum and dad's grave, mum always told me I was going to be with her so her wish will be honoured
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 04:19 AM

I want mine left in the urn and placed next to my late father's urn of ashes under his headstone.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 05:58 AM

Its all written down in my funeral arrangements.
Im to be mixed up in a bucket with the ashes of my beloved dogs and scattered at a place we loved to walk looking out across a lake....

That way Im sure there will be no neglected grave, and if anyone wants to remember me they can go for a walk in the most beautiful natural surroundings to do so..
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 06:20 AM

I don't really care what is done with my mortal remains once I no longer need them. I have said to my husband that I am happy with him to do whatever gives him most comfort, be it scattering ashes, burial or something else? I won't be there so do go ahead.

I'm not one of those who sets any store by visiting graves etc - not into that - the person is after all, not there any more. I walk through a cemetery with my dog, and there are loads of neglected graves that look a mess. I do quite fancy the idea of those "pods" where your remains go to nourish a new tree.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 06:48 AM

I don't care either. I'll be dead, so what's the problem?
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 08:20 AM

All over the living room carpet, so my lovely wife will finally have to use the vacuum cleaner.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top