Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 03:58 AM

Re: Arthritis

Thanks Mups, i did try the Apple Cider Vinegar a few years back but it made no difference,but that may be because its not arthritis and down to other problems.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 07:10 AM

Finding the most suitable drug to suit your particular form of arthritis can turn into a quest, meanwhile, keep moving,. Stopped the groaning and get on yer bike. I have used an exercise bike on and off for umty um years since an accident knackered me. I now cycle for 15 minutes a day most days, accompanied by the radio, the time passes quite quickly and boredom kept at bay.

Just discovered that is isn't the bike that rattles, it is me and all those pills I am taking.

Best exercise is of course, swimming but who has a swimming pool in the garden .... only me not got one?
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I have Fibromyalgia.. Doctors advice..Learn to live with it.
My stepson has it too and here in Australia he goes to the local hospital every month for an anti-pain infusion into his bloodstream which seems to keep most of the pain at bay for almost all the month.

I discovered I had some slight osteoarthritis in one shoulder when I fell and developed bursitis in the same arm for which I ended up having to have a cortisone injection which cured it. GP sent me for a scan for that and when he looked at it he said there was some osteo in the same shoulder. it doesn't hurt at all during the day but it slightly nagging at night if I lie on that side. Hopefully, it will develop slowly! I tried the chilli essence cream but it did nothing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 11:10 AM

Anyone tried magnets, I have mild arthritis in my hands and wear a magnetic bracelet which seems to help, if I forget to put it on I certainly know it by the end of the day.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 04:23 PM

I too have chronic osteo arthritis there is no way that you should sit about and become a couch potato as has already been said. I have it right through out my body and pain killers just take a little pain away.
As I cannot use anti-inflammatory tablets (they give me stomach probs ) I use cream. Cream is a godsend as If I don't use it I am unable to make my right leg work. It is a matter of adjusting how you do things to make life easier. The painful thing is that walking down the river fly fishing is over, as is walking the moors and hills and the clay pigeon shooting I loved. I found other things to do such as painting. My son has psoriasis arthritis and spends five hours a month on a drip getting pain killer into him. He has no immune system through it all. Like me he lives life to the full.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 08:14 AM

That sounds the same as my stepson has for fibromyalgia.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top