Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 04:45 AM

Sleep Deprivation

One of the aspects of my health over the last few years is a lack of a good nights sleep. It is quite debilitating at times, sometimes the cause is obvious, stress related, on others its simply a case of i know im not going to sleep.

The first i can understand, the second just frustrates. I now just go to sleep when i can, so often have early nights, and end up awake in the wee small hours listening to world events on the radio.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 06:28 AM

Re: Sleep Deprivation

Same here - its a bind ain't it ..................
I don't nap though, I'm afraid I won't sleep if I do that
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 08:53 AM

I think many of us have been there too Nom. I tend to go through spells of sleeplessness.

Instead of laying there fretting that I will be too tired to cope the next day I have learnt not to fight it. Instead I get up and do something not too arduous so I don't get too physically tired eg make bread/iron/clean out a cupboard.
That way if I do feel rotten the next day some work has been done, I am not sitting in a muddle

Thankfully, now I am retired if I fall asleep in the day time through exhaustion it is no big thing because I don't need to be anywhere. At least my body is then getting a quota of sleep.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 09:13 AM

Stress induced sleep deprivation is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to retirement.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 09:28 AM

I have never slept well-I think I am becoming a zopiclone junkie. At least 3 times a week I take my little helper.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 09:30 AM

Unless my back is playing me up, I usually sleep very deeply, almost unconscious! I've always been the same.
I do feel wretched if haven't slept properly though, and nod off during the day if I sit down. After my evening meal is a most likely time for me to nod off for a short while.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 09:34 AM

In the wee small hours when sleep does not come I feel envious of those who say `as soon as my head hits the pillow`

Last night was bleeding awful-one nightmare after another.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 10:50 AM

This is where the internet is an absolute godsend.
If I have a sleepless night, not very often thank goodness, I come downstairs and make a cuppa the cat leaps on my lap and I log on!
My daughter in Australia is often around for a while for a little natter, and there should be a thread on here for sleepless members, why not start one? Or you could go play Hangman, we need more people!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This is where the internet is an absolute godsend.
If I have a sleepless night, not very often thank goodness, I come downstairs and make a cuppa the cat leaps on my lap and I log on!
My daughter in Australia is often around for a while for a little natter, and there should be a thread on here for sleepless members, why not start one? Or you could go play Hangman, we need more people!!!
I tend not to go on the internet at night my sitting room and kitchen are too cold and if I take the laptop to bed and put the light on in the bedroom I wake the dog who then thinks it is getting up and 'walkies' time

So I do 'useful' things which also keep me warm.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 12:06 PM

I didn't think you'd need the light on to use the laptop Meg.
I play scrabble on my huddle in the dark!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top