Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 01:09 PM

Re: Healing energy

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You don't even realise that 'Healing' isn't the same 'Curing'. I would never claim to be able to 'cure' anything, that would be wrong, but sometimes if the body can relax and let go of things, it gives it a chance to begin healing itself.
Ok this is a major back peddle from your previous opening gambit and subsequent claims.

You're now saying you are just giving the body a chance to heal itself through helping people relax and let go of things.

Yet your opening gambit was that you are:

"healing with 'energies.' "

You also claimed to have a friend who healed using

"crystal healing"

and who GAVE you a healing

About that healing you said:

"I don't quite know how to explain this, it would be easier if you had experienced it yourself"

Which comes back to my point that really you ought to understand very comprehensively any healing process especially if you are going to be the healer rather than the patient.

You also said of your friend that:

"she is helped by certain 'guides' and they alter her voice"

Which implies some 3rd party entity (the guide).

All of this is a long way from letting the body relax and heal itself.

I ask, rationally and objectively and simply for you to explain:

What are these "healing energies"? Where do they come from, how are humans able to harness and work with them and control them?

What part of a healing requires crystals? what is it the crystals are doing that the body can not do for itself?

Who or what are the "Guides" that are involved in the healing you received? Who does your friend claim that they are?

These are not unfair questions and I ask them openly and honestly. If a healing process exists then I would love to hear the explanation for it, truly. If on the other hand there is no explanation for it, and the requirement is that you have to simply "believe" in it and "trust" in another human being, then I confess that I will be utterly disappointed that it all boils down to that.

Take it a step at a time. Let's start with the healing "energies".

What are they?
Where are they?
What keeps them where they are so that you can get hold of them?
How can they be physically manipulated?
How can we determine if the energies are good or bad or if they are harmless or harmful?

Over to you
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 12:25 AM

Gawd you don't half rattle on Realist. I wonder if anybody actually reads all your posts? Less is more.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 12:48 AM

Some people prefer to find fault and pick over every bone, then realise another day has passed and they have done little else.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 12:53 AM

Some people prefer to find fault and pick over every bone, then realise another day has passed and they have done little else.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 01:00 AM

Well the way I see it Ania is, I have never said I know everything.
If I knew all the answers I'd be taking this course, not just attending it. I just want to learn in peace, without other people putting huge wet blankets over me.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 01:06 AM

If I knew all the answers I'd be taking this course, not just attending it. I just want to learn in peace, without other people putting huge wet blankets over me.
Absolutely agree, Mups. I thought your previous post was spot on.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 02:03 AM

had a friend in UK once who used to send me rieki healing vibes to me in OZ - I think they were intercepted cos I never got them!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 08:19 AM

I wish you well with your course Mups and perhaps once it is done you can come back and give us an update and explain to us what those healing energies are and who the "guides" are given you are saying you don't know currently what they are.

I can tell you feel somewhat victimised by having someone make you face up to simple questions but unfortunately if we're going to profess healing solutions we really have a duty to be able to explain them otherwise we risk misleading others and tempting them into quackery and the plethora of con merchants out there. I'm not saying your healing "system," is quackery, I'm simply saying you should be able to understand it or be able to point to evidential research behind it. I also still think there is something inherently wrong with anyone attempting to mess with another person's health if they don't understand what it is that they are doing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I wish you well with your course Mups and perhaps once it is done you can come back and give us an update and explain to us what those healing energies are and who the "guides" are given you are saying you don't know currently what they are.

I can tell you feel somewhat victimised by having someone make you face up to simple questions but unfortunately if we're going to profess healing solutions we really have a duty to be able to explain them otherwise we risk misleading others and tempting them into quackery and the plethora of con merchants out there. I'm not saying your healing "system," is quackery, I'm simply saying you should be able to understand it or be able to point to evidential research behind it. I also still think there is something inherently wrong with anyone attempting to mess with another person's health if they don't understand what it is that they are doing.
What a load of nonsense - if it works why has it got to be explained. The brain is a powerful part of us that is not fully tapped into. A few, have the ability to use the function that gives foresight and healing abilities. We all have the capability within us to cure ourselves emotionally and physically - why that idea is so far fetched to you is sad.
You are 'confined' by your own limited experiences of this subject. Open up that mind of yours - you may see things differently.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2015, 09:47 AM

realist operates on the theory a psychologist once propounded to me - "if you cannot see it, touch it and measure it - it don't exist" I think he was being beligurent but his whole discipline is based of research and facts

but I'll leave it with Sakespeares quote from Hamlet

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

enjoy your training Mups I know you will

Holmes!!

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top