Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 04:22 PM

Re: Your favourite towns/cities?

Mine is Carcassonne when the sun shines to sit in the main square on market day and people watch is so fasinating ... The little streets off the main square full of little shops , the old cite just 10 mins walk away, the canal and the river both stunning places to walk and picnic. The cafe's the people and the architecture just make me so happy when Im wandering around ....
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 03:50 PM

Niagara Falls love looking two see the power they have

and st Augustine florada
Yorkshire lass
Bradford UK
Yorkshire lass is female 

26-02-2013, 01:09 AM

My favourite city is Agra in India when I went to see the Taj Mahal, such a beautiful place in fact I love India, the people are so friendly. The last time I went was last November but I think that that could be the last time I go as the flight is so long, it is getting too much for me and there are a lot of Russians going now and they are turning the coastal resorts into an Indian Magaluf, pity but that is the way it is.
giglet
New Member!
Canada
giglet is female 

15-03-2013, 09:55 PM

Cities I have seen a few, I think Barcelona is my all time Fave. There is everything one could possibly want there, beach, history, shopping, food, nightlife, soccer (oops football), I loved it. Secondly Rome, history, history history. I have many others.
Towns Banff Alberta Canada hands down. The mountains are killer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by giglet ->
Cities I have seen a few, I think Barcelona is my all time Fave. There is everything one could possibly want there, beach, history, shopping, food, nightlife, soccer (oops football), I loved it. Secondly Rome, history, history history. I have many others.
Towns Banff Alberta Canada hands down. The mountains are killer.
Good evening Mel darlin' and welcome to the forum. For mountain scenery I like Stary Smokovec (in Slovakia) - google Grand Hotel Stary Smokovec to see what I mean.

For Cities - St:Petersburg takes a lot of beating - one can spend a whole month in the Winter Palace and wouldn't even scratch the surface of what there is there to to see.
giglet
New Member!
Canada
giglet is female 

15-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Good evening Mel darlin' and welcome to the forum. For mountain scenery I like Stary Smokovec (in Slovakia) - google Grand Hotel Stary Smokovec to see what I mean.

For Cities - St:Petersburg takes a lot of beating - one can spend a whole month in the Winter Palace and wouldn't even scratch the surface of what there is there to to see.
aw good day (mid afternoon here in the west) I have one for you, google "Banff Springs Hotel" the mountains are grand are they not I shall check out your suggestion too. I love travelling I wish I were richer. It's a heck of a long trek to get from Canada to just about anywhere else.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by giglet ->
aw good day (mid afternoon here in the west) I have one for you, google "Banff Springs Hotel" the mountains are grand are they not I shall check out your suggestion too. I love travelling I wish I were richer. It's a heck of a long trek to get from Canada to just about anywhere else.
Mel darlin' many years ago, my Sister, Brother-in-law, George and Dragon (my parents) travelled across Canada on the train from Ontario to Vancouver stopping off at several places along the way - Banff was one of them. My Brother-in-law (Tony) made a video of their entire trip and put it on a video, so although I haven't been there per se, I have seen the sights there and agree - the mountains are magnificent. Many years ago, I used to do a lot of climbing, but regrettably anno domini and Arthritis have caught up with me and I cannot do that anymore.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:16 PM

I also like Barcelona ,,, Im not far from there now . Have you ever seen Carcassonne at the bottom of France? its a stunning place ... I love it here
giglet
New Member!
Canada
giglet is female 

15-03-2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I also like Barcelona ,,, Im not far from there now . Have you ever seen Carcassonne at the bottom of France? its a stunning place ... I love it here
I have only been to Paris I would love to see more of France one day
giglet
New Member!
Canada
giglet is female 

15-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mel darlin' many years ago, my Sister, Brother-in-law, George and Dragon (my parents) travelled across Canada on the train from Ontario to Vancouver stopping off at several places along the way - Banff was one of them. My Brother-in-law (Tony) made a video of their entire trip and put it on a video, so although I haven't been there per se, I have seen the sights there and agree - the mountains are magnificent. Many years ago, I used to do a lot of climbing, but regrettably anno domini and Arthritis have caught up with me and I cannot do that anymore.
It is a long trek, but a vast array of sights along the way.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top