Join for free
Page 442 of 1676 « First < 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 452 492 542 942 1442 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:15 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You know, when someone dedicates a portion of their life, to planting rows of hedges, in parallel, with walkways between, deliberately designed to confuse the casual walker, that never fails to amaze me.
ah you live on a council housing estate then??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Gummy, the beauty of this thread is, you don't have to read back the posts, to find out what is going on.
true!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-01-2018, 10:22 AM

the ozzie police are so so clever - a womens body was found in a bin recently in a Melbourne suburb - the death was originally treated by the police as suspicious - but have now made a statement " this lady had a medical condition which killed her and she fell into the bin" !!

this is open for discussion!!

ps: Pugsie do you think that equation would fit this case?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 12:43 PM

No one is viewing so I will bugger off, to have a smoke.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
what never fails to amaze me on this thread is the rapid turnover of subject matter within the space of a blink of a page! Imagine if we were sitting in a hall at a weekly Leisurely Scribbles club - don't you think that it would become rather boring if every time you introduced a new topic especially with a roll of pics it was often ignored and surpassed by a total change of topic?

just saying like!!!!

now IMO weird facts don't count - I always find this a silly game [sorry sweetie - nothing personal ; you know I can't wait to get you into my cabin on the cruise and let you play with my beard! {I haven't missed it have I?}

Now I thought the topic Jem started on how to grow my own tobacco was quite interesting ; depending upon how many smokers we have on board ; I did consider it myself once but couldn't wait long enough for it to grow - growing my own beer only takes a few weeks! - you were doing quite well there Jem until you suddenly switched the topic to watching a film on how to murder your wife or something like that - can you please stick to the point.

and another thing when you start a new topic can you make sure you are not just talking to yourself - do a head count to see how many people are here with you - there names appear at the bottom of the page somewhere!

thank you - I've put it in the suggestion box as you suggested in your "suggestions to the leader" column!
Gummy the original idea of the thread was about quick change and non related subjects, anything except politics, sometimes we literally get “Bogged down” and we’d all sink in the stuff if it went on and on.
As regards talking to meself, it’s what a scribbler does only with a pen instead of spoken words, a wandering mind makes no roots, I enjoy reading all the contributions and If someone replies back to me I consider that an unexpected bonus, if they don’t it doesn’t matter to me in the least, it’s all nonsense anyway and nothing to get upset about, nothing that happens here would get me upset, life’s too short and I’m too old for that caper.
I do acknowledge fellow scribblers names all the time, anyone can see that. So in the true spirit of the thread stick that in your suggestion box and rattle it.

If you have a question, a suggestion
Could be about piles, bladders or indigestion
Play it clever like a fox
And stick it in the new suggestion box.
Tink yow.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-01-2018, 04:21 PM

Oeer! he's gettin all fruity again!! incidentally my post was not of the serious vein more like a clogged up carotic vein of the terminal type! Neither I a sh1t dothe give of any comment hither commeth!! hang on gotta put the falsies in again!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 04:30 PM

Where is this box?
I have looked everywhere
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Where is this box?
I have looked everywhere
he takes it down each night and takes to bed with him!
it's gone midnight over here so I am takin the entire website to bed with me - see ya all tomorrow!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Where is this box?
I have looked everywhere
I have the suggestion box here in front of me at the moment Sweetie, I have just opened it and there are no notes in it, only one item, a hangman’s noose sent in anonymously, I think someone is trying to tell me something and cutting out any subtlety, I like that, reminds me of an article I read in the paper some years back.
When G.W. bush was first elected president, two of his first cousins got into an argument in a bar, five burly democrats jumped them and began to beat them up, when the police arrived the police inspector shouted out “Alright fellas, lets have it straight, who started this, and no beating about the Bushes”
I think I should consider a little lie down after that feeble attempt.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
he takes it down each night and takes to bed with him!
it's gone midnight over here so I am takin the entire website to bed with me - see ya all tomorrow!
Sweetie Dreams gumbud.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have the suggestion box here in front of me at the moment Sweetie, I have just opened it and there are no notes in it, only one item, a hangman’s noose sent in anonymously, I think someone is trying to tell me something and cutting out any subtlety, I like that, reminds me of an article I read in the paper some years back.
When G.W. bush was first elected president, two of his first cousins got into an argument in a bar, five burly democrats jumped them and began to beat them up, when the police arrived the police inspector shouted out “Alright fellas, lets have it straight, who started this, and no beating about the Bushes”
I think I should consider a little lie down after that feeble attempt.
Let's stay on the smoking bit

Growing your own tobacco is so easy and not dissimilar to growing tomatoes. Place commercial seedling compost into a tray and soak the soil with water and allow the excess water to drain off. Sprinkle the tobacco seeds onto the surface of the damp soil. Do not cover the seeds, as they need light for germination.

PS I need the names of which of you are coming on the Candy Bar cruise next month. I have booked Gumbud's

Page 442 of 1676 « First < 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 452 492 542 942 1442 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top