Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 03:45 PM

Re: The disgusting way we treat People.

Totally wrong to charge retrospectively I think.

When building new hospitals or renovating old ones, why not attach a high rise staff car park for staff ?
My local NHS hospital has open fields all around it, large enough to build a private hospital with large car park, but they still charged me £2 today to visit the pharmacy.
It's not like I wanted to be there.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 07:36 PM

Why not take free bus passes off wealthy pensioners and give NHS staff especially nurses and Doctors free parking passes instead?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:39 PM

Does it really cost anything to give pensioners free travel? I mean the bus still goes whether there's a pensioner on it or a fee paying passenger. So if the pensioners stop taking it the bus will still cost the same to run.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:49 PM

I think the council has to reimburse the bus company, you get a ticket when you show your card.
Anyway, nurses etc. are working to save lives and help sick people so it's not the same as working anywhere else, I think they should get free parking or transport because we can't do without them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:59 PM

Sounds like the council are getting ripped off then. I happen to think pensioners should have free public transport and that hospital car parks should be free for both workers, patients and visitors of patients. Hospitals should be funded appropriately and the councils should renegotiate value for money contracts with public transport providers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:00 AM

I must admit I was shocked when I came to the UK at the parking restrictions and fees. Even holiday resorts had parking fees on the seafront and I paid £9 to park in York near the Train museum place (that is Sydney Airport rates).

Sydney CBD has parking meters but outside Sydney it used to be fee free until a couple of years ago when Wollongong Council decided to impose parking meters and time restrictions in the central area basically to stop the workers taking up parking spaces all day. It is the equivalent of £1 (and more in some places) for four hours. The workers were forced to park a 10 minute walk away if they wanted free parking and their work didn't supply it. I have never heard of workers being forced to pay for parking at their work.

The area is quite small you can walk from one side to the other in about 10 minutes but it has affected the shopping centre badly inspite of the council reducing/re-jigging the fees several times and eventually making them pro rata.

Personally I never go into central Wollongong at all now. Why would you? when there are at least three big shopping malls with free parking within 10/15 minutes drive?

Parking fees are like tipping or paying to use public toilets Australians don't like it at all.

http://en.parkopedia.com.au/parking/...g=201707181100
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-07-2017, 12:18 AM

Bruce I am just as offended by parking charges. It's easy money for them and a pain in the neck for drivers.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-07-2017, 12:24 AM

With the bus services disappearing weekly, we have no choice but to drive!
Youngest daughter got stuck on Sunday because our Bath bus doesn't run on Sundays and bank holidays anymore.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top